It’s like raaaaiiiiiiin, on your golf vacay.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Trump is on vacation at his golf club—or “working hard from New Jersey,” as he phrased it—but, uh oh, it’s raining! Forecast doesn’t look good! Which, as a few reporters have pointed out, is probably why he’s spending an Xtra Large amount of time on Twitter and calling Sen. Richard Blumenthal, without a hint of irony, a “phony Vietnam con artist.” [Twitter]
- The Trump administration is being shy about the identities of the people running their “deregulation” teams. [New York Times]
- Trump Hotel has become, as the Post puts it, “a kind of White House annex.” [Washington Post]
- Chicago is suing the Justice Dept. over its plan to withhold funding from “sanctuary cities.” [Washington Post]
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is under two separate investigations and suspected, according to a police document, of bribery, fraud, and breach of trust. [New York Times]
- Obama released a statement urging Kenyan leaders to “reject violence and incitement” ahead of the country’s presidential election on Tuesday. [New York Times]
- Say what you will about Chuck Grassley, but he is VERY good at social media!
Ana Gasteyer Satirizes the Girl Boss in 'American Auto'
Here are some tweets the President was allowed to publish:
G/O Media may get a commission
47% Off Essential Organic PH Cleanser
Caprea’s Essential Organic PH Cleanser is just $10 with promo code TEN. Normally $19, this foaming face wash is crafted with organic Monoi oil. It’s meant to target the production of oil secretion while protecting your skin against air pollution. Normally $19, you can save big on this richly-lathering face wash while supporting a brand that keeps the environment top of mind.
This has been Barf Bag.