What a fortnight!!!!!!
- The entirely self-inflicted wounds of Anthony Scaramucci have reached truly friggin’ Shakespearean levels: on the same day he was fired after a mere 10 days on the job—during which time he got served with divorce papers, missed the birth of his child, and was quoted on the record accusing a colleague of trying to “suck” his own “cock”—it was also discovered that the Mooch is listed as deceased in the new Harvard Law School alumni directory. Of course, only a few days ago Scaramucci himself himself threatened to “fucking kill” his colleagues... so, following that interpretation, the Harvard Law School alumni directory is not incorrect. [Washington Post]
- Joe Arpaio, standout shitbag in a stunk-up country, has been convicted of criminal contempt. [New York Times]
- Jared Kushner told congressional interns (??) that the Trump campaign was too disorganized to collude with Russia. [Foreign Policy]
- FYI the president actually did not encourage police officers to beat up arrested suspects in that speech last week where he did exactly that, okay? That was a joke, you guys? Don’t you have a sense of humor? [Politico]
- According to a new poll, 60 percent of voters believe, correctly, that the Trump administration is in chaos. [Politico]
- I guess we support NATO now, or something. [WSJ]
- Here are some resources to catch you up on the rapidly deteriorating situation in Venezuela. [The Guardian, Washington Post, HuffPost]
- Kentucky governor Matt Bevin, Donald Trump mini-me, is being sued by the ACLU for blocking constituents on social media. [WFPL]
This has been Barf Bag.