The NY Daily News reports Anthony Bourdain’s will was “filed in a New York court Thursday,” and it spelled out who will receive his $1.2 million in assets. Bourdain had “$425k in cash, $250k in personal property, $35k in brokerage accounts, and about $500k in royalties and residuals,” the “bulk” of which will go to his 11-year-old daughter Ariane. Because she is a minor, “a guardian will be picked by the court...to safeguard the handling” of the inheritance.
Most stories about Bourdain’s will have called out the $1.2 million figure as considerably less than they’d expected, to which I’d like to comment, “Let’s not.”
63-year-old Elvis Costello has reportedly canceled his tour after revealing he’s battling a “very aggressive” form of cancer. In a statement, Costello wrote:
Six weeks ago my specialist called me and said, ‘You should start playing the Lotto’ He had rarely, if ever, seen such a small but very aggressive cancerous malignancy that could be defeated by a single surgery. I was elated and relieved that our European summer tour could go ahead.
Post-surgical guidelines for such surgery, recommend three weeks to four weeks recovery depending on whether you are returning to a desk job or an occupation that involves physical work or travel.
The spirit has been more than willing but I have to now accept that it is going to take longer than I would have wished for me to recover my full strength. Therefore, I must reluctantly cancel all the remaining engagements of this tour.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go watch a YouTube video.
Look at this iconic Page Six source:
- Will Smith loves talking about all the sex he has and loves with ladies. [Us Weekly]
- We’ll never get all the juicy details about Colin Firth’s wife’s affair with some creepy dude because they just dropped all charges against him. [Page Six]
- Here are some photos of Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn having a 4th of July party for two. [People]
- SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE THROWING SURPRISE PARTIES FOR YOUR WIFE AND LET GOVERNOR MIRANDA HAPPEN. [Page Six]
- I HATE Nikki Bella/John Cena goss. [Celebitchy]