In a new report by the Washington Post, Ann Curry revealed that in 2012—while she was still working for NBC—an unnamed Today staffer confided in her that she had been “sexually harassed physically” by Matt Lauer. Troubled by the information, Curry claims she went to “two members of NBC’s management team” and told them about the incident.
“I told management they had a problem, and they needed to keep an eye on him and how he deals with women,” Curry said to the Post. But NBC claims to have no record that Curry’s meeting ever occurred, and shared that “there was no mention of [the incident] in Lauer’s personnel file,” which surprises no one, right?
Why would a company that gives executives secret door-locking buttons under their desks worry about keeping detailed records about their MVP’s reported indiscretions?
Just as a reminder, here’s what Curry said about the host of allegations against Lauer back in January:
“I am not surprised by the allegations... I know what it’s like to be publicly humiliated... I don’t want to cause that kind of pain to somebody else... But I can say that I would be surprised if many women did not understand that there was a climate of verbal harassment that existed [at the Today Show]. It was verbal sexual harassment.”
- This whole Miranda Lambert situation is getting messier by the second. [Celebitchy]
- Jamie Foxx did NOT adopt Suri Cruise... but did any of you think he actually did? [Gossip Cop]
- This rumor about Brad Pitt going back to college has a very rare TWO on the 0-10 rumor scale, so it looks like Brad is definitely going back to school. [Gossip Cop]
- “Ed Sheeran the puppet is back!” Put me in a hole. [People]
- Give The Situation an ovation. [Us Weekly]