Here’s a very good celebrity news item about an A-/B+ celebrity and his question mark of a girlfriend who disrupted the lives of many others by choosing not to follow a rule because at least one of them is famous enough for people to look the other way.
Page Six reports Owen Wilson and a woman described only as “blonde” were the culprits behind a hotel evacuation in Miami early Thursday morning. A source says everyone at Hotel Croydan, a boutique hotel on South Beach, was evacuated after Wilson “set off the smoke alarm in the hotel by smoking a cigarette near the bathroom.”
The entire incident was apparently caught on camera (I’m expecting Page Six to drop it any second now) and reportedly “shows Wilson’s date dancing with him as the alarm goes off.”
Side Note: While looking for a photo to use at the top of this story, I came upon this set from late February, where Wilson can be seen riding his bike in Santa Monica with a “brunette female companion.” She looks thrilled.
Queen Latifah addressed her mother Rita Owens’s death in the following statement:
“It is with a heavy heart that I share the news my mother, Rita Owens, passed away today. Anyone that has ever met her knows what a bright light she was on this earth. She was gentle, but strong, sweet, but sassy, worldly but pragmatic, a woman of great faith and certainly the love of my life. She had struggled with a heart condition for many years and her battle is now over. I am heartbroken but know she is at peace. Thank you for your kindness, support and respect for our privacy at this time. Much Love, Dana Owens (aka Queen Latifah), forever Rita Owens’ daughter.”
Here are some great quotes from a “source” close to Jennifer Aniston reported by Us Weekly, broken up by sentence for dramatic effect.
- “She is keeping busy with dinners and social engagements.”
- “Her friends have really rallied around her.”
- “She is loving being with her girls.”
- “She has a great attitude.”
- “She wishes the best for Justin.”
- “They had some wonderful times together but are better off going in separate directions.”
- “After taking a step back, it’s very clear to Jen that they were not suited for one another.”
- This sudden financial drama between Kevin Federline and Jamie Spears is a nice reminder than Britney Spears has basically no control over her money. [TMZ]
- The sexual assault accusations against Ed Westwick “is being reviewed by the L.A. District Attorney’s office.” [Us Weekly]
- Aubrey O’Day says she and Russell Simmons used to bang. Russell Simmons says they didn’t. [Page Six]
- Here’s a story that I can’t imagine caring about. [Page Six]
- The Potato Diet sounds great. [E! Online]