On this day of many reportorial bombshells, what Dirtbag would be complete without Harvey Weinstein?
As you are no doubt aware, a New York Times investigation into multiple sexual harassment allegations against Weinstein was published on Thursday. Then Weinstein’s team put out an almost poetically bonkers PR statement that endeared him to no one; then Weinstein announced he’d be suing the New York Times. And it’s still daytime in L.A.!
That leaves plenty of hours for even more stars to weigh in before bedtime. And then there’s tomorrow, oh boy is there ever.
Here’s what Hollywood’s dishing up so far:
A conservative street artist who goes by the name “Sabo” is getting back at Jimmy Kimmel for being a liberal (possibly, specifically, for a recent, impassioned monologue on the need for gun control) by planting posters around L.A. depicting Kimmel as Johnny Depp in the John Waters film Cry-Baby.
It’s a very L.A. story, that’s probably why I don’t understand it, like, at all.
It feels like the live-action version of someone posting a lame joke in an alt-right comment section.
- Amex sues Iggy Azalea over $300,000 worth of credit card debt. [Complex]
- Working out is part of Ariana Grande’s creative process. [People]
- Jeremy Meeks, a beautiful man who did some prison time, filed for divorce from his estranged wife Melissa Meeks. [TMZ]
- Ben Affleck continues to get treatment for his alcoholism seven months after rehab and looks “happy” according to a random stranger who saw him on the street. [Us Weekly]
- A judge denied Bobby Brown’s request that TV One not run its biopic of Bobbi Kristina Brown. [Page Six]
- Justin Bieber is confirmed to be dating Paola Paulin. [Us Weekly]
- Twilight’s Kellan Lutz and model Brittany Gonzales are engaged. [Page Six]
- Barry Bostwick is going to play Santa Claus in forthcoming comedy Santa Girl haha I love it. [Variety]