So far this week, Amber Tamblyn is a goddamn treasure and James Woods has been reduced to a rhetorical pile of rubble with a Twitter account.
It all started on Monday when Woods self-importantly and hypocritically eulogized human decency, this time in the forthcoming Luca Guadagnino film, Call Me By Your Name, which the film’s star didn’t take kindly to:
Enter Tamblyn with the knock-out:
And it was not to be her last for, come Monday night, James “Brave Self” Woods had crawled back on Twitter for round two.
And Tamblyn, the next morning, was happy to oblige:
Then, on Wednesday, Teen Vogue published a letter Tamblyn sent them about the dust-up, which reads, in part:
“What you are experiencing is called a teachable moment. It is called a gift. It is called a humbling. It is called Jesus, I come to thee. It is called an awakening. It is called a growth edge. It is called hope.
The hope being that through this experience, you can change. You can redefine the man who will come after this moment and this man who came before.”
Meanwhile, Woods continues to tweet about the unmitigated horror of Hillary Clinton and the majesty of giraffes.
While Maria Sharapova was busy being petty and loud about it, Serena Williams gave birth to an adorable baby girl named Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr. whom she is now proud to show off.
The full story to which that post alludes is right here:
I’ll accept that reaction, Seth Rogen. Very good.
- Is Taylor Swift’s scarf still in Park Slope? No one, not even Maggie Gyllenhaal, has the slightest. [Buzzfeed]
- Zayn Malik and Harry Styles don’t really speak to one another…nor did they ever. [Us Weekly]
- Scarlett Johansson and Romain Dauriac finalized their divorce while you weren’t watching. [Us Weekly]
- Spencer Pratt wants there to be crystals in Heidi Montag’s birthing room, probably so the New York Post will write about it. Personally, I prefer this item. [Page Six]
- Sad to report that Sopranos and Goodfellas actor Frank Vincent passed away at 78 during open heart surgery. [People]