An Amazon spokesperson confirmed to Variety on Wednesday that Amazon studios is conducting an investigation into a sexual harassment allegation against Jeffrey Tambor.
Deadline reports that Tambor’s former assistant Van Barnes, a transgender woman, implied in a private Facebook post that the Transparent actor behaved inappropriately toward her.
Tambor responded to the allegation in a statement to Deadline:
“I am aware that a former disgruntled assistant of mine has made a private post implying that I had acted in an improper manner toward her. I adamantly and vehemently reject and deny any and all implication and allegation that I have ever engaged in any improper behavior toward this person or any other person I have ever worked with. I am appalled and distressed by this baseless allegation.”
Transparent creator Jill Soloway said in a statement that she is cooperating with the investigation. “Anything that would diminish the level of respect, safety and inclusion so fundamental to our workplace is completely antithetical to our principles.”
Tia Mowry, of Sister, Sister fame, is pregnant. The actress announced on Instagram that she and husband Cory Hardrict are expecting their second child.
And I’m really feeling Tia’s sleepwear concept!
- Whoopi Goldberg would like interviewers to please stick to questions about her ugly sweaters…I mean, her sweaters. [Page Six]
- Shark Tank’s Robert Herjavec has filed a lawsuit against his ex-girlfriend alleging she tried to extort and embarrass him. [People]
- Terry Crews filed a report with the LAPD alleging sexual assault (stemming from an alleged incident you can read more about here). [TMZ]
- Charlie Sheen has denied the allegation that he assaulted Corey Haim, while the LAPD confirmed they’re launching an investigation into the matter. [THR]
- Bob Saget got engaged (and looks more like Stephen Colbert than I remember?) [Page Six]
- I am so FREAKING exciting for this Park Chan-wook TV adaptation of John le Carré’s The Little Drummer Girl. [Deadline]