Just a memo: parents will never cease to embarrass you, no matter how old and famous you are. Alan Thicke has revealed that he plays his son Robin Thicke’s music when he’s having sex. The 68-year-old stars with his wife, Tanya Callau, in the reality-mockumentary series Unusually Thicke. “When we do get freaky, we love [Robin’s song] ‘Sex Therapy.’ You have to admit, it’s a great song to get in the mood.” Listen, parents can sometimes go a little extra when it comes to being proud of their children. But having to imagine your dad bumping nether regions to your own jams can make someone want to crawl into a tiny ball and roll away forever. Robin tweeted his response:
Alan Thicke’s memorable dad voice in Growing Pains will haunt me forever. And now this image in my mind of him “having relations” will too. [US Weekly]
Attention everyone, Lena Dunham bought a copy of Selfish, the 448-page book of Kim Kardashian’s selfies (a.k.a the latest technique to troll us all) and she does NOT want to be judged for it. Please keep your nasty remarks to yourself. Dunham posted a photo of herself and the book on Instagram with the caption “selfie with selfish #yeahiboughtit (I support experiments in female identity exploration/am a student of pop culture/will not be shamed).”
You don’t have to defend yourself so hard, Lena. I once found a copy of Nicole Ritchie’s debut work of fiction, The Truth About Diamonds: A Novel, in the clearance bin at Target. Yes, I somehow finished the book, then when I was done, I ripped out a disturbing photo of (adult) Nicole in a kid’s ballerina costume and put it in a framed photo in one friend’s bathroom as a prank. The rest of the book was abandoned in the dim-lit corner of a bar one night. Perhaps Selfish might meet the same dark fate. [E! Online]
Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kenya Moore claimed she was duped by the guy she met on Millionaire Matchmaker when she found out he was actually married through social media, but the man’s wife claims Kendra is using the whole thing as a publicity stunt. The man in question, James Freeman, apparently went on only two or three casual dates with Moore and nothing else happened. He met his would-be wife, Jaimi Gregory, a couple of months after filming the show with Moore. Gregory says James was clear with his boundaries, but Kenya was relentless. What’s Nene have to say about this? [Reality Tea]
- Kesha has learned from her troubled past as a “glitter terrorist.” She’s traded in wild nights of pouring beer on her body then rolling in a bathtub filled with glitter for transcendental meditation. [The Cut]
- Where is Ramona Singer’s assistant? [Twitter]
- Ok, so now Katie Holmes says she loves Jamie Foxx. Gawd you guys, are you dating or what? [US Weekly]
- Gigi Hadid is hanging out with her old presumed fuck-buddy Joe Jonas. That’s what people do after breakups! [OK! Magazine]
- Charlize Theron was seen with a large shiny thing on her fourth finger. Is Sean Penn to blame? [Pop Sugar]
- Jessica Simpson might need rehab. [OK! Magazine]
- Forget Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan’s love names for each other. Jordin Sparks is dating Sage the Gemini and she has an even cuter nickname for him. [People]
Images via Getty.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.