Supermodel Adriana Lima, the most senior wing-wearer of all the Victoria’s Secret Angels, has revealed via Instagram that she will no longer participate in “sexy” videos or photoshoots that do not have empowering messages at their core.
In a caption, Lima wrote that she was recently asked to do a “sexy” video shoot—a job at which she typically wouldn’t bat an eye—but that something had suddenly “changed” in her. She went on:
When a friend approached me to share that she was unhappy with her body, then it made me think.... that everyday in my life, I wake up thinking, how do I look? Was I going to be accepted in my job? And in that moment I realized that majority of woman probably wake up every morning trying to fit in a stereotype that society/socialmedia/fashion etc imposed.... i thought that’s not a way of living and beyond that.... that’s not physically and mentally healthy, so I decided to make that change..... I will not take of my clothes anymore for a empty cause.....💜✨
Per her Instagram post, Lima wants to “fucking change the world.”
“I don’t know so much about their personal relationship because he doesn’t share a whole lot, but I love her...If he loves her I love her, and I’ve met her and we have a special bond so I think she’s precious. I can’t really speak on their relationship, that’s between them.”
Image via Getty
In case you need more proof, the goss is dull as hell today.
- I cannot believe Mariah and Brian have been doing this for so long. [Just Jared]
- We’re still waiting on Khloe and Kylie’s Christmas card photos. Hmm... [Us Weekly]
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has a secret. [E! Online]
- Two pieces of white bread eat two pieces of white bread. [E! Online]
- This has nothing to do with Hollywood living, Hollywood Life!!!!! [Hollywood Life]