The year was 2015 and Lorde, a teen, was at a Golden Globes after-party with her older friend Taylor Swift. "You wanna drink some alcohol illegally?" Taylor asked, shoving a cup full of smelly liquid into Lorde's hand. "Aw, shucks, no," Lorde replied. "I don't do anything illegal." Suddenly Taylor's eyes were hard like diamonds. "Look, kid," she hissed. "You wanna hang with me, you gotta drink, ya dig? So start gulping or hit the pavement."
Lorde didn't want to drink, but she also didn't want to seem "uncool," so she took a sip. It burned. Then she took a big gulp. And then another. Suddenly her eyes were two cartoon spirals.
"You're right, I guess" Lorde said, wildly. "This is pretty...hep." "Yeah, baby. Ya dig it. Ya really dig it now," answered Taylor, who was leaning against the Golden Globes juke box. Later they talked to boys and Taylor introduced Lorde to electric guitar music.
If this story seems too "wild" to be true, it's not. Just ask The Hollywood Gossip:
"Taylor was drinking rum and coke and then she switched to Meiomi wine," a witness at the HBO-hosted shindig tells Star magazine. "And she was feeding her rum and coke to Lorde!"
...The source says that Lorde was reluctant to take a sip, but Taylor egged her on, saying, "Rum is so good!" (The girl speaks the truth.)
Apparently, the "Royals" songstress was so enamored with the cocktail that she ordered one of her own after she finished Taylor's!
And both girls died in a car accident on prom night.
Emily Blunt and John Krasinski would like it known that they are in the running for Cutest Celebrity Couple and the race is far from over. Your move, Pratt and Faris. [Pop Sugar]
In the new documentary Light Girls, Raven-Symone reveals that she tanned several times a week in order to appear darker on the Disney Channel's That's So Raven. "When I had my own show, I used to tan three or four times a week in a tanning bed to get darker," she revealed. "It's funny, one of the lighting guys came up...and goes 'Raven, I need you to stop tanning. You're getting too dark and we have to relight the whole entire show.'It was like, 'Sorry, you know I was just trying to be pretty.'" [ONTD]
- "Cheat on me and we're through" is the kind of ultimatum that thrown around in all healthy relationships, including Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello's. [Radar]
- Jaime King spoke openly about her infertility struggles. [Hello!]
- Seems unfair that Gwyneth Paltrow gets to know what really happened during the Jay Z/Solange elevator fight and I never will. [Cosmopolitan]
- Kirsten Dunst and Garrett Hedlund might be getting engaged soon. [US Weekly]
- The legendary Dick Cavett on Bill Cosby: "Clearly you have a case of extreme mental pathology and why that wasn't noted and treated, instead of apparently protected and coddled, I don't know." [Radar]
- Kim Fowley, producer of The Runaways, died at 75. [Pitchfork]
- Michael Keaton's Beetlejuice co-star Geena Davis says he'll win the Oscar. [OK!]
- Speaking of the Oscars, Emma Stone is really fucking excited to be nominated. [Dlisted]
- Jordin Sparks will "never know what was true, what was not" in her relationship with ex boyfriend Jason Deruuuuuuuuulo. [Billboard]
- Not only did In Touch photoshop Bruce Jenner onto the body of a woman, they photoshopped him onto the body of Dynasty's Stephanie Beacham. [Bossip]
- Tom Hardy dropped out of The Suicide Squad, but of course, I already knew that because he is my boyfriend and he told me personally. [E! Online]
- Talent agency CAA discouraged clients from going to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's Golden Globes after-party because they're a big bunch of cry babies who can't take a joke. [Page Six]
- How much do you want to bet that Jessica Szohr has never met Blake Lively's baby? [US Weekly]
- Whoa, yesterday was the fifteenth anniversary of "Bye Bye Bye." [Billboard]
Photo via Getty.