Labor Day is this Monday, and that means the hot, sticky summer of 2016 will soon come to an end. Celebrate the long weekend (if you’re lucky enough to have one) and the unofficial beginning of fall by doing something special!
Below are 20 incredible suggestions for things to do this Labor Day weekend—whether alone, or with friends! So check out the list, and have a fun, exciting, and safe holiday! Thanks!
1. Try a new burger recipe! I recommend this one from People. It has BUTTER in the meat! :)
2. Try making a DIY kite! Here’s a great instruction manual on Instructables.
3. Cook up this delicious potato salad and turn on Todd Haynes’s 2015 masterpiece Carol.
4. Grill up some hot dogs and flip on the steamy romantic drama Carol.
5. Take a trip back to a time when women couldn’t express their love for one another in public and watch Carol.
6. Marvel at the high-caliber acting on display in Carol.
7. Watch Carol and shake your head dramatically every time you’re pained by the tragedy of their love.
8. Order a pizza, tip the delivery guy $50 when it arrives, and tell them, “This is from Carol.” Then turn on Carol and eat the pizza with a knife and fork.
9. Find a parade in your area!
10. Pop some popcorn, dump some peanut M&Ms in the bowl, mix it all around, turn off the lights, take a deep breath, and push play on the film Carol.
11. Go to the nearest Blockbuster, walk up to the cashier, proudly ask for a copy of Carol, listen to them say, “This isn’t a Blockbuster anymore, this is a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf,” go home, and rent Carol on iTunes or Amazon.
12. Head to the beach! It might be one of your last weekends to enjoy the summer heat!
13. Scream, “I’M GLAD AS HELL, AND I’M ABOUT TO WATCH CAROL!” out your window. Then watch Carol.
14. Surprise everyone at your Labor Day BBQ by pulling out your copy of Carol and saying, “Who wants to watch Carol after dessert?” Watch Carol alone after dessert.
15. Make a dirty martini, get completely naked, drape yourself on your couch, turn on Carol, and wink at the screen every time Therése appears.
16. Contact the man in this story who made a wearable LED television, ask for a detailed set of instructions, follow them, buy two large American flags and poles, then march down your street playing Carol on your shirt while waving your two flags.
17. Attend a Trump rally and pass out copies of Carol. Befriend the one person who says, “Thank you!” Watch Carol with them.
18. Buy a fur coat that costs your entire life savings, minus the price of a pack of cigarettes. Put it on, light up a cigarette (don’t inhale) and watch Carol. When it ends, set the coat on fire.
19. Read a great fall book! I recommend Playing Dead by Elizabeth Greenwood.