Earlier this week, Evangeline Lilly told The Lost Boys podcast that she had felt like she “had no choice” over whether to remove her clothes for scenes in Lost, which left her “mortified” and in tears. She described two instances:
In season 3, I’d had a bad experience on set with being basically cornered into doing a scene partially naked, and I felt had no choice in the matter. And I was mortified and I was trembling and when it finished, I was crying my eyes out and I had to go on do a very formidable, very strong scene thereafter.
...In season 4, another scene came up where Kate was undressing and I fought very hard to have that scene be under my control and I failed to control it again. And so I then said, ‘That’s it, no more. You can write whatever you want—I won’t do it. I will never take my clothes off on this show again,’ and I didn’t.
Showrunners J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, Jack Bender and Carlton Cuse have issued a joint apology, via Deadline:
Our response to Evie’s comments in the media was to immediately reach out to her to profoundly apologize for the experience she detailed while working on Lost. We have not yet connected with her, but remain deeply and sincerely sorry. No person should ever feel unsafe at work. Period.
Lilly has yet to respond.
Meghan Markle went to a wedding yesterday, which was her birthday, and there was wall-to-wall coverage. Here is every little detail:
- The royal family’s social media team had nice things to say. [People]
- The fashion police inexplicably approve of this plain old dress, which looks like a dress, over the tablecloth, which to me looked like the rayon of angels. [People]
- She and Harry held hands. [People]
- NO PARTIES, except for the Queen, who gets two. [ET Online]
- In screenshots published by The Evening Standard and The Daily Mail, her half-sister (whose Twitter account is private) dependably seized on the opportunity to trash her, naturally. [Entertainment Tonight]
- Every photo. [Town & Country]
- An old birthday blog post from the Tig, it’s Tig-y. [Facebook]
- A very small piece of her bra was visible which Fox calls a “wardrobe malfunction.” [Fox]
- The bride and groom were also there. [People]
Tabloids are reporting a clandestine meeting with her father which will hopefully stop the incessant public trolling. [Sunday Express]
- Who is Jennifer Aniston’s hot trainer, and are they banging or what????? [RadarOnline, The Sun]
- TMZ reports that the Jolie-Pitt divorce has gotten so toxic that Angelina Jolie’s lawyer quit. [TMZ]
- Khloé taught me a biology fact! [People]
- Sometimes I wonder which news reporter would stay on camera to report the apocalypse til the very end like in Deep Impact, and now I know that person is Chrissy Teigen. [Page Six]