Earlier this month, news broke that a handful of women, three of whom were part of the first female class to join the Navy's submarine training program were secretly filmed showering by a 24-year-old petty officer. But after more investigation, the Navy has confirmed that while one dude was responsible for the filming itself, 11 other sailors and petty officers were involved in this disgusting scheme.

Via Navy Times, who originally broke the story:

According to the second incident report, 12 male sailors are suspected of viewing the videos taken from August to November 2013 and March to June 2014. The videos were first reported to the command in mid-November.

According to a senior Navy official familiar with the case, they believe the seven videos taken were shot with a cell phone and that one sailor had done the actual filming. The Pentagon has stated that the second report will not deter the Navy's plans to integrate enlisted female sailors onto submarines this month and female sailors onto fast-attack submarines next year.

In a letter to submarine leadership, the fleet's top submariner insisted that the filming doesn't take away from the community's integration successes, noting that 59 female officers are assigned to three ballistic-missile submarines and four guided-missile submarines in Kings Bay and Bangor, Washington.

"The performance of these women and the crews to which they are assigned have been overwhelmingly successful," Vice Adm. Michael Connor said.

Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby told reporters on Friday, "As troublesome as the allegations are, it's not going to have nor should it have any effect on the integration of women into the submarine force, which by and large has gone exceedingly well." I suppose we'll have to see how the 12 sailors involved in the filming and viewing are disciplined before we decide the effect of the scandal on the integration of women.

Image via Getty.