Girls's Zosia Mamet is currently starring in an off-Broadway play about a "murky rape accusation," and behind the scenes she has been dubbed the "keeper of the rape jokes." Because, of course, you always need rape jokes to "let off some steam," and you always need a lady around to tell everyone else whether or not they should be offended by a thing involving vaginas. (Or, you know, everyone could just use their own best judgment to police themselves...or...no? Just push all envelopes as far as possible until instructed to stop? 'Kay.)
To deal with the heavy subject matter, the young cast (including Girls star Zosia Mamet as the accuser and Friday Night Lights' Matt Lauria as the accused) has developed a subject-appropriate way to let off some steam: telling rape jokes. "We kind of have to," co-star Lauren Culpepper told the Cut at last night's opening-night party. "We give Matt and Zosia permission to say any rape joke, if they want to joke about it, to get through it. They are the keepers of the rape jokes." Hearing this, Mamet interjected ("Am I?") before clearing things up: "We all make quite a few of them during rehearsal, I will say that." Unfortunately, she wouldn't share any of her best punch lines.
But maybe that's for the best: The cast knows that their backstage habit, and the public admission of such, could easily be misunderstood. "It's very serious subject matter that you don't joke about too much," Lauria explained later. "I would never want Zosia to ever think I was cavalier about the things we have to participate in."
I don't really know what any of that means, but okey dokey! [TheCut]
Donald Trump has decided to drop his $25 million lawsuit against the "Dump Trump" campaign, because now that everyone's a-buzzing about the fact that he is literally a golem made out of rotting garbage, he's the real winner!
The real estate mogul is backing off on his threat to hit online activist Angelo Carusone with a $25 million lawsuit if he doesn't halt his campaign to convince Macy's to fire Trump as a celebrity spokesman.
"Looks like a lawsuit against GoAngelo won't work-my ties & shirts doing too well at Macy's-he's actually helping. I have no damages!" The Donald tweeted.
News that Trump was contemplating suing Carusone surfaced yesterday when the latter went public with a cease and desist he says he received from the Apprentice star warning him of legal action unless he stopped interfering in Trump's business and contractual relationships.
In conclusion, I made this Donald Trump emoticon so I could write "poop" next to it: @B-P <—poop [E!]
The Khaleesi (Emilia Clarke) says she wants a role on Girls EVEN MORE THAN SHE WANTS HER FUCKING KINGDOM BACK. The people of Brooklyn cry out for their rightful leader.
"I'd give my right arm to be, like, a random extra on Girls. Just to walk past one of the scenarios," Clarke teased.
"I'd love that more than anything. Only, without the wig, they wouldn't recognize me."
Clarke went on to joke that she could pull off being an extra on Girls because Game of Thrones fans never recognize her in real life.
"It takes a die-hard fan to actually spot me," she teased. "These HBO events, where I'll be talking to someone for a fair amount of time, and then suddenly they're like, 'Oh s**t! That's what you do'."
I'm for it. I've suspected this whole time that Adam is secretly a dragon who got transformed by a witch. So. [DigitalSpy]
- Here's Britney Spears's grocery list: ginger ale, tomatoes, Lunchables, ham, orange juice, 2 percent milk, bread, and chicken. Are you happy now? [ABC]
- Lou Myers, who starred as Mr. Vernon Gaines on A Different World, has passed away at age 77. [TMZ]
- Taylor Swift performed in an ugly wedding dress and then ripped it off and performed in an ugly black thing. [E!]
- Here, look at the inside of Matthew Perry's house. He pooped in there, you know. Probably thousands of times. [E!]
- Jillian Michaels talks about being a working mom. [E!]
- Kate Middleton went outside in a MaxMara dress and now that dress is extinct. [E!]
- The elite gays of cable are all partying together in Rio and it is ADORABLE. [E!]
- Okay, I really like Demi Lovato but Wilmer Valderrama makes me make this face, so I don't really know what to do with this story about them snoogling together on Valentine's Day. [Us]
- What's Goop's best Oscar look!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!! I vote for the white thingy except also I don't care!!!!!!!!! [Us]
- "Haaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!" [ZooBorns]