- Turns out that Wyclef Jean won't be running for President of Haiti after all; the county's electoral council has determined that he failed to meet the residency requirement of living in Haiti for five years prior to his run. [NYDN]
- Jean has released a statement about the council's decision: "We must all honor the memories of those we've lost - whether in the earthquake, or at any time - by responding peacefully and responsibly to this disappointment. I want to assure my countrymen that I will continue to work for Haiti's renewal; though the board has determined that I am not a resident of Haiti, home is where the heart is - and my heart has and will always be in Haiti." [NYDN]
- Former Bachelor contestant Vienna Girardi has a new boyfriend: "John Sala is in college studying biochemical engineering. He and Vienna met on a vacation in the Bahamas two years ago, and have remained friendly since. He recently came to L.A. to visit her, and the two are taking things slow." [People]
- Says her ex, Jake Pavelka: "I wish her the best in life. She'll do really well. I hope she dates a million guys and breaks a million hearts." [DigitalSpy]
- Spencer Pratt says he's excited about the possibility of people seeing his sex tape with Heidi Montag: "I've been making films since I was in the 7th grade. I'm looking forward to people seeing my directorial debut!" [USWeekly]
- Madonna says she's finally embraced her "Material Girl" nickname: "Everyone relates that title to me because of the song I did 300 years ago. It's a title I got stuck with. When I first did the song it was meant in an ironic way, as I don't think of myself as a materialist person (sic). I hate that name but I do love clothes and fashion and I love beautiful things. As the years went by, strangers would see me in the street and would shout, 'Yo, it's the Material Girl' and I was like, 'Ahh, I'm not, I hate that name'. However, I realised I needed to get a sense of humour and embrace it." [DigitalSpy]
- Shakira stopped traffic while shooting a music video in Barcelona, and she may be fined for it. [PageSix]
- Beyonce has a habit of leaving her clothes on the floor: "I promise I'm working on this, but I could be less messy at home and keep the clothes in my closet and off the floor!" [DigitalSpy]
- Brandon Flowers says that making his new album, Flamingo, helped him deal with the loss of his mother. [TheSun]
- A source claims that Tom Cruise and Zac Efron have become very close friends: "Tom and Zac clicked the minute they met. Since then, the two stars have talked by phone several times a week. Zac is hungry to make the transition from teenage idol to movie superstar – and he's using Tom's career as a template for success. And Tom's using Zac because he's desperate to connect with a younger audience." [DigitalSpy]
- Jennifer Aniston's perfect date: ""My perfect date would involve my new favorite TV show, 'Breaking Bad'. You sit there and order in food. You want that person you have common like-mindedness with." [ContactMusic]
Beyonce, I'll tell you what I tell my teenager: if you don't put your clothes ON the floor in the first place, you won't have to get them OFF of the floor.
I know that gravity is a hard problem to circumvent, but that's what hampers are for. Or in Beyonce's case, diamond studded robots or trained servant monkeys.