Way down at the bottom of the Times’s report on a recently-shuttered black budget U.F.O. research program spearheaded by Harry Reid and run by a former Pentagon official named Luis Elizondo, it’s mentioned that Mr. Elizondo—who resigned in October of this year due to “excessive secrecy and internal opposition”—is now working for a new U.F.O. research venture called “To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science.”
What the NYT doesn’t mention is that “To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science” was founded by none other than Tom Delonge, former member of Blink 182 and outspoken E.T. truther. While I used to think Tom Delonge merely got me, it turns out...he gets so much more.
The “All the Small Things” crooner has been vocal on the UFO convention and spooky late night radio circuits for some time, but it wasn’t until the NYT’s report that I’ve looked at his passion (which is to get the government to disclose that, yes, aliens are real as hell) and thought, “Hmm, maybe this guy is on to something!”
In an interview with the NY Daily News, Delonge said the NYT story was “only the tip of the spear” and that we should all expect “confirmation” soon. “I know that it’s fun to make snarky comments, but this isn’t the kind of thing to joke about,” he said. “This is going to really affect a lot of people and a lot of peoples’ belief systems.”
I did not expect 2017 to end with a guy from Blink 182 being involved in what could be the first report in a series that ends with the government disclosing that Men in Black was based on a true story, but I’ll take it!
I had to pour myself another mug of coffee before beginning this one, so here we go: one-fourth of Fifth Harmony yelled at American Airlines on Twitter for losing her bag and treating her like shit only to be shamed by other Twitter users for being disrespectful to minimum wage employees, but that didn’t lead to one-fourth of Fifth Harmony retracting her comment, no no no sir in fact it only made her more passionate and outspoken about her hatred of American Airlines as well as Twitter users who claim to know a single fucking thing about her fucking life and how dare they fucking attack her for attacking American Airlines and now there’s a wild rant for everyone to read at their leisure.
- Please please please please please please please please PLEASE take the time to flip through all four photos in this slideshow of Ronan Farrow’s 30th birthday party. [Page Six]
- Halsey made a joke on twitter that is BOUND to be misunderstood and taken out of context and there’s no way she did not expect this to happen. [ONTD]
- Whaddaya know, Billy Bush is fine! [Page Six]
- Cindy Adams is getting more and more incomprehensible, which means she’s getting more and more thrilling. [Page Six]
- Everything about this People story on Selena Gomez’s mom is heartbreaking. [People]