While introducing Boy George and the Culture Club at IHeartRadio’s sold out iHeart80s show in Los Angeles over the weekend, E!’s very own Mother of Dragons, Kris Jenner, was booed by what sounded like everyone in attendance. Or, you know, maybe everyone in attendance was screaming, “Boooooo-y George!”
But even though the audience was as riled up as Jonathan Cheban when a camera isn’t pointed at him, Jenner kept her cool and finished her introduction because ignoring the haters is roughly 90 percent of her job.
Speaking of live show drama, Rob Thomas made a racist joke while performing in Australia, but don’t worry, because he feels really bad about it. In the video above you can hear him tell a crowd of adoring Matchbox 20 fans, “I drink till I think I’m Australian...And then keep drinking till I’m a black Australian.”
When he found out making fun of black Australians wasn’t a funny thing to do, Thomas wrote that he “sat in [his] room and cried,” adding:
“I have seen people comment that after coming here for so long I should know that there is a connection between the indigenous peoples of Australia and a stereotype involving drinking. Embarrassingly, I truly didn’t.”
“Again, if I had any idea of the stereotype I would have chosen another example. There was absolutely no malice even in jest. I was so ignorant to the situation that when I heard people groan I actually thought they were being racist.”
He’s not racist, he’s just a little unwell.
Madonna misses Rocco.
- Kim says Kanye just has a “problem controlling his impulses.” [Celebitchy]
- Here is Kanye having a problem controlling his impulse to sleep. [Instagram]
- Tracy Anderson’s bookkeeper has a problem controlling her impulse to steal $70,000 from Tracy Anderson. [Daily Mail]
- Rob Kardashian, on the other hand, has no problem controlling his impulses. [TMZ]
- Neither does Ciara! [People]
- Kate Moss is great at controlling impulses, but bad at controlling skis. [Page Six]
Contact the author at email@example.com.