It falls to me now, as the sun sets on another day in the United States of America, to make a joke at the top of Barf Bag, which this is. So a horse walks into a bar (just like me in like ten minutes!!!!) and the bartender says, “Hey pal, why the long face?”
- The president, who staffers were reportedly concerned “might not fully grasp the details of the steps he was about to take” prior to the DACA announcement, said on Tuesday that “I have a great heart for the folks we’re talking about, a great love for them.” That is an interesting thing to say about a group of 800,000 young people whose lives you just threatened to upend. “I can tell you in speaking to members of Congress they want to be able to do something and do it right and really we have no choice,” he told reporters. [Reuters]
- However, as a Washington Post analysis points out: “He just asked a GOP-controlled institution that can’t agree on the most basic of conservative policies — such as repealing Obamacare, or passing a budget, or raising the debt ceiling — to pass legislation that affirmatively protects undocumented immigrants.” It is far from guaranteed that this dipshit Congress will manage to “do it right,” or anything at all. [Washington Post]
- Protests are raging across the country as the horror of this decision sinks in. [CBS]
- Trump has nominated Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-Okla.), a climate change skeptic, to run NASA. The current acting administrator seems relieved that Bridenstone at least knows some stuff about space, which is certainly one way of looking at it. [Washington Post]
- Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez’s corruption trial begins tomorrow. [New York Times]
- Corey Lewandowski is a visiting fellow at Harvard’s Kennedy School so I guess we can all die now. [Harvard]
This has been Barf Bag.