Are you prepared for tomorrow’s Civil War?
- Donald Trump is so gross that he initially denied a request to lower American flags in honor of the five journalists fatally shot at the Capital Gazette office last week. The White House later reversed the decision, and will fly flags at half staff until sunset on Tuesday. [Baltimore Sun]
- Fox News’ Laura Ingraham justifies the White House’s brutal, inhumane family separation policies by warning immigrants that “there’s only so much of the love you can spread around.” [HuffPost]
- Teacher and person with a conscience Kristin Mink confronted EPA head Scott Pruitt and asked him, politely, to resign from office before his many scandals “push” him out. “We deserve to have somebody at the EPA who actually does protect our environment, somebody who believes in climate change and takes it seriously for the benefit of all of us, including our children,” she said. [Talking Points Memo]
- Speaking of Pruitt’s scandals...apparently he kept a secret calendar to hide his dirty dealings. [CNN]
- Trump-themed ecstacy pills exist. They seem cursed. [Guardian]
- Americans want abortion rights, goddamnit! [Politico]
- And the Mooch, whose opinion is totally irrelevant, is confident that we will keep them—despite all the evidence to the contrary. [CNN]
- How valuable is a Donald Trump endorsement for book sales? Not very, it turns out. [The New Republic]
- John James, a Michigan GOP Senate candidate, is in damage control mode after sending mailers to his base that vowed to “defend” sanctuary cities, rather than “defund” them. The copy was meant to say: “John James will stand with President Trump, secure the borders and DEFUND sanctuary cities.” [Detroit News]
- Ali Watkins, the New York Times national security reporter whose data was seized by the DOJ as part of an investigation into a high-ranking Senate Intelligence Committee aide, has been reassigned. [New York Times]
- A federal judge has temporarily blocked an Arkansas law that would effectively ban medication abortion. [The Hill]
This has been Barf Bag.