TMZ cannot be bothered to fuck around with Jared Leto and his copyright infringement lawsuits. The gossip site responded this week to Leto’s suit, which he filed in December after TMZ ran a video of him slamming Taylor Swift.
“Fuck her. I don’t give a fuck about her. It’s whatever works best for us,” he said in the video, which was shot as he appeared to be taking in Swift’s album 1989 for the first time. Harsh words from a man who looks like a grunge-afflicted My Little Pony, but that’s beside the point.
TMZ, of course, is nonplussed. From Buzzfeed:
In court filings Tuesday, the celebrity news website said the rightful owner of the controversial footage is videographer Naeem Munaf, from whom the video was purchased for $2,000. Munaf was not Leto’s employee and under no contractual relationship with Leto when he shot the video with his own equipment, TMZ argues.
Munaf reportedly refused to sign a release confirming that he had the right to sell the footage, and the website ran it anyway, because of course it did.
Leto is seeking damages, in addition to demanding that the video be taken down.
Justin Theroux’s #wcw selection is his wife, Jennifer Aniston, who is not pregnant but is, in fact, fed up.
- The Kardashians have nothing to do with the “Kardashian Beauty” cosmetic line. [TMZ]
- Johnny Depp is selling his $10 million home in Venice, the poor thing. [Page Six]
- 24-hours after allegedly throwing up on an airplane, Lamar Odom spent some time at a Queens strip club. [Page Six]
- Taylor Swift insists that “This Is What You Came For” is her baby, having written both the lyrics and the melody. [TMZ]
- Julie Klausner says she did not call Gwyneth Paltrow a “backstabber.” [Page Six]
- A driver says he was disfigured when he was hit by a car carrying several members of the band My Morning Jacket. [Page Six]
Image via screengrab