Did you know that second first daughter Tiffany Trump has been dating a guy named Ross Mechanic? I ask because I’ve been telling people about it for the better part of the year, and they always seem surprised. Anyway, they broke up!
The two began dating for a couple years ago after meeting as undergraduates at the University of Pennsylvania, where Trump graduated a year ahead of Mechanic, a computer science major and registered Democrat. Another intriguing facet of Ross Mechanic is that he once interned as a data engineer at Cadre, a real-estate investment startup co-founded by Jared Kushner.
A source who spoke to Us Weekly on Wednesday characterized the break-up, which reportedly occurred in the fall, as “cordial,” adding, “she’s taking law school seriously.” In August, Tiffany began attending law school at Georgetown University; Mechanic is based in New York City.
Me venturing into the blizzard, wearing my own distress signal as a fashion statement.
- Everlane is launching an underwear line and Jemima Kirke is modeling it. I guess undergarments don’t have to be exciting or something you really want to wear. Is that the point? I’m trying to get it. [Daily Mail]
- Prosecutors are allowing Prince’s family to view documents related an ongoing investigation into his death. [Page Six]
- Haha I like the old advice, Michelle Obama. [Page Six]
- Internet trolls are calling Amber Rose’s five-year-old son “gay” for liking Taylor Swift. I wish this stupid fucking story were no story at all, but it is, so it goes in the Bag. [Complex]
- Justin Bieber may be dating a woman named Baskin Champion, which sounds like the title of an ice-cream-eating contest record-holder. She is, in fact, a model. [ET]