Welcome back to Pissing Contest where, after a brief hiatus after scaring ourselves senseless, we’re back! This week, we’re swapping stories about the most humiliating time that we started crying.
When I was a freshman in high school, I failed algebra. Math was always a hard subject for me, a fact that only hardened as I got to high school. One day in class, I—already frustrated—was called on to answer a question. Knowing I couldn’t solve the problem, I quickly got embarrassed and—in front of the whole class—burst into tears, wailing, “I’m not going to get it! I’m never going to get it!” Yes, I was a theater kid. How could you tell?
The incident was horribly embarrassing, but shout out to my math teacher, Ms. Tiziani, who gave me the kindest hug, offered to tutor me, and wrote me a pass to be late to my next class.
Some other submissions from the Jezebel staff:
- “While being yelled at by a boss for fucking up a spreadsheet.”
- “On a ghost walk when I was 7, not because of ghosts, but because I was scared I might pee my pants.”
- “At dinner last year on my 26th birthday when I had just spent $700 on a phone to replace a phone that I dropped in the toilet.
- “Also when I saw someone Instagram a picture of the phone I dropped in the toilet.”
- “When I got a C in PE in 10th grade.”
- “When I got my haircut years ago and didn’t like it.”
- “Watching The Fault in Our Stars in public on an airplane and legit weeping.”
- The last night of college, I got very drunk and cried to my then and current boyfriend in front of my whole class about how I was never going to get to kiss a girl.
Now spill, you sobby Sallys! From your eyes AND from your mouths!
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image via Keeping Up with the Kardashians/E!