The Daily Telegraph asked Lionel Richie what he thought of his daughter Sofia dating Scott Disick, and let’s put it this way, she has her whole life ahead of her! He tells the Telegraph, via Page Six:
When you’re 19 you know everything. Is it going to be for life? I don’t know. But for right now it’s just a phase and I’m going to stand real still in the corner, get me a good drink and not make too much noise.
A phase, an episode, a chapter, a period of time characterized by having a beginning, and also an ending. He says he doesn’t really know what to think of the “well-oiled Kardashian machine,” but she’s not doing Tide Pods, so.
“I told Sofia I will have no opinion,” he adds. “I’ll continue to be my cheerful self and move on.”
Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston’s joint statement announcing their break-up on Thursday hit unfortunately right in the midst of an uneventful gossip cycle which presently has a lot of airtime to fill. Fox even made an in memoriam retrospective video with violins and piano. Couldn’t they have done it while everyone had their hands full with the Jenner baby? Here’s everything tangentially related to the event:
- The real reason: she doesn’t care for New York. [Page Six, US Weekly]
- The real reason: they are very different people. [People]
- The real reason: he’s “really bored” with her Hollywood crowd. [Page Six]
- They hung out on Valentine’s Day. [People]
- They signed an “ironclad” $225 million prenup [Fox News, Inquisitr, Radar Online]
- TMZ HAS FOUND NO EVIDENCE THEY WERE EVER MARRIED. [TMZ]
- Jennifer Aniston is hanging out with her ex now. [Mirror]
- Justin Theroux is also hanging out with other people. [Daily Mail]
The Lifetime Channel’s Meghan Markle film, a potentially explosive exposé of hot royal action, expected to drop around the royal wedding, has cast uncanny look-a-likes of Princess Diana and the Queen.
- J Law also wants to know what’s going on with the Karlie Kloss-Taylor Swift break-up. [People]
- Bieber’s pastor gets in the news again. [New York Post]
- Quincy Jones’s give-no-fucks interview keeps drawing outrage; now Joe Jackson is angry with him for calling Michael Jackson “Machiavellian” and said he “stole a lot of stuff.” [Page Six]
- Super cute photo of Drake gifting pre-dental student Destiny James with a giant $50,000 scholarship check for University of Miami. [Instagram]