A Trump campaign staffer, apparently unconcerned with ethics, morality, or common human decency, shared a tweet airing the alleged identity of the anonymous whistleblower whose concerns about Ukraine set the impeachment hearings in motion, essentially urging his followers to go apeshit.
CNN’s Jake Tapper tweeted about the incident on Wednesday evening:
The staffer, Matt Wolking, replied to Tapper’s tweet, saying, “So? At [@] me next time please.” He embedded the tweet revealing the identity of the alleged whistleblower in his response.
President Trump retweeted the identifying information about the alleged whistleblower back in December, and the whistleblower’s name and face have been thoroughly spread and meme’d in Trumpian circles. There are laws that protect whistleblowers—which Trump hates!—but the Whistleblower Protection Act doesn’t criminally prohibit anyone from outing them.
But this is the tacky shit we’ve all come to expect from Trump world, so if the shoe fits...
Jared Kushner continues to cosplay as a peacemaker in the Middle East, because nothing says easing strife and decades of imperial conflict like... dehumanizing the Palestinian people and reducing them to petulant troublemakers if they dare reject the Trump administration’s shitty settlement plan. Check out this nugget from his interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour.
By the way, if you want to take a look at what Kushner is so proud of, check out this absolutely nutty map:
You don’t have to be an expert in Israel-Palestinian relations to know that this just looks like a shitshow that further disempowers Palestinians. This plan offers them scraps and deamands they feel grateful in return.
- The Tump administration is desperate to put a stop to John Bolton’s burn book. [CNN]
- Elizabeth Warren has released a new policy proposal that calls for civil and criminal penalties for tech companies that knowingly spread disinformation that suppresses voting. [Bloomberg]
- Dave Chapelle’s support for Andrew Yang has apparently boiled down to suggesting that people would rather have $1,000 a month than have health insurance. Of course, anyone who has a chronic illness or has ever been fucked over by a mild but pricy medical nuisance would dis-a-fucking-gree.
- Team Biden and Team Klobuchar might team up in the Iowa caucuses to form Team Zzzzzzz. [New York Times]
- Michael Bloomberg say you (and me) talking shit about him shaking a dog’s snout as if it was a human hand yesterday, and his campaign wants you to know that he LOVES DOGS, ACTUALLY!!!
- A few Democratic Senators might acquit Trump. Yes, it’s the usual suspects. [Politico]
- Fifty service members have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries following the Iran missile strike. President Trump will probably continue to insist that it’s no big deal. [CNN]
- Here’s a horrifying look at the Trump campaign’s Facebook ad push over the last year. [The Guardian]