Buckle up, babies.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Elaine Chao sure did some interesting stuff when attempting to arrange her first scheduled visit to China as a member of Trump’s cabinet, like “asking federal officials to help coordinate travel arrangements for at least one family member and include relatives in meetings with government officials.” Officials with the American Embassy in Beijing quickly flagged their concerns with the State Department and the meeting was canceled. Mysterious! [New York Times]
- My heart was not prepared to read this extensive list of all the ways President Trump is destroying the planet today. [New York Times]
- Representative Ayanna Pressley is so good at her job. She announced a super PAC to make it easier for Democratic candidates to challenge incumbents, which rules. She says this is not in response to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee rule that she’s said will make it harder for women and people of color to run for elected office, but it should help all the same. [WBUR]
- West Virginia’s state senate passed a bill that would ban teacher strikes. [ThinkProgress]
- Oh right, the classic “Don’t help the bad people’s case against you by speaking up about the bad people” argument. [New York Daily News]
- Mayor Pete wants to transform the Supreme Court by, among other things, adding six more justices and reserving five seats for Republicans, five seats for Democrats, and five seats for mythical people who have risen through the ranks of institutional power to such an extent that they are being considered for a Supreme Court nomination but also somehow don’t have political views! Incredible idea. [NBC News]
- But Pete does know a hot dog is not a sandwich, so I don’t know. I’ll give him that. [NowThis]
- Someone didn’t delete Twitter while on his work trip. No work-life balance! [Axios]
- The shadow of a man’s head (?) on the First Lady’s dress here is... haunting. [Twitter]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish:
G/O Media may get a commission
Up to 45% off
Stanley Cup Sale
This has been Barf Bag.