- Spencer Pratt says he didn't question Heidi Montag's decision to have 10 plastic surgery procedures in one day because, "I'm not in charge of what she does with any part of her body. I'm her husband – not her owner."
- Spencer claims he didn't want Heidi to get the surgeries but, "Anytime I hinted that it might be a little much or if I just asked if she was sure, I even felt like I was crossing lines." Respecting your partner's decisions is great, but it's probably best to voice your concerns if they're about to undergo a risky and unnecessary medical procedure. [People]
- A judge has denied Roman Polanski's request to be sentenced in absentia, so he'll have to return to the United States. Polanski is expected to appeal the decision. [AP]
- Blake Fielder-Civil is denying 17-year-old transsexual Mia McHugh's claim that they dated. "Blake denies that he had a relationship with the person in question," said his rep. "They have only met once, there was no relationship and he is talking to his lawyers regarding the story." [Daily Mail]
- In an episode that airs Monday, Rosie O'Donnell tells Oprah Winfrey that she and her new girlfriend Tracy Kachtick-Anders are planning to move in together and blend Rosie's four kids and Tracy's six into one family. [People]
- Madonna's brother Christopher Ciccone asked his Facebook friends to call the production company behind American Idol and ask that he be the replacement for Simon Cowell. [Perez]
- Leonardo DiCaprio donated $1 million to the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund. [People]
- Snooki will be signing autographs at a Pennsylvania car dealership over the weekend to raise money for Haiti earthquake relief. [Us]
- Angelina Jolie issued a statement today about SOS Villages, a charity that provided care for orphans and abandoned children in Haiti even before the earthquake. "As a long time supporter of SOS, I have visited many of these unique villages personally. I can vouch for their commitment and care for the children," Angie says. "As the Haiti situation unfolds, and we all focus in on ways to help these desperate children — I ask you to please learn more about and consider supporting SOS Children's Villages." [Us]
- As mentioned in Midweek Madness, Us claims Angelina hates New Orleans and ostensibly calls the house she and Brad Pitt bought there "his house." [Us]
- Angelina is doing a photo shoot for the August 2010 cover of Vanity Fair this weekend in New York. [Fashion Week Daily]
- Attorneys for Michael Jackson's estate have refused Joe Jackson's request to receive a $15,000 a month allowance. They point out that MJ didn't name Joe in the will and say it would take money from his children. [Access Hollywood]
- The two executors of Michael's estate have asked to be paid 10 percent of profits they're able to generate from MJ's work. [AP]
- Dennis Hopper was spotted at a medical marijuana clinic in California yesterday. [Radar]
- Britney Spears is scheduled to appear in court today for a hearing in her conservatorship case. [People]
- The FBI interviewed Jon Cryer's ex-wife today as part of their investigation into whether someone hired a hitman to kill him. [TMZ]
- Kim Kardashian got a restraining order against a man named Dennis Shaun Bowman who allegedly moved across the country to be near her, challenged Reggie Bush to a fight, and showed up to several appearances in Joker face paint. Scary! [TMZ]
- "Is Jimmy Fallon next in line for Tonight Show?" [CNN]
- Levi Johnston's lawyer says he doesn't understand why Bristol Palin is demanding child support because she refused to take money from Levi in the past. Maybe she rejected Levi's offer because he told her to pick up the checks at his house and mentioned "it would be nice" if she brought along Tripp. [TMZ]
- Joaquin Phoenix appears with Miley Cyrus in a promotional video for the suicide prevention website TWLOHA.com without his beard and annoying rapper persona. [TMZ]
- Did Joaquin give his beard to Robert Pattinson? [Radar]
- Shanna Moakler and Stephanie Pratt, who have the same white BMW SUV, were given each other's car at the valet at a L.A. nightclub last night and neither noticed they had each other's cars until they were miles away even though Moakler's car had a baby seat in the back. [TMZ]
- "There are several chapters in my life," says Mariah Carey. "As a child, music helped me, my relationship with God helped me, my mother did install faith in me; if nothing else, she told me to believe in myself, because nobody else told me that kind of thing. Music was my escape, and as time went on, different friends and people would help me to see that I could get out of the difficult personal relationships I was in." [The Independent]
- "Just because my father was such a genius with his songwriting, his lyrics, his music - that doesn't mean I have any gift," said Charlotte Gainsbourg. "I don't believe in that. I have my own path. But the comparisons are constant. And the comparisons are heavy to wear." [NYT]
- Lisa Niemi says she feels close to Patrick Swayze when she's in their New Mexico ranch. "I realised it was still our home and there was an unexpected comfort there for me. It felt beautiful, serene and peaceful. And I remember sitting on our porch and saying to myself: 'See, there's nothing to be afraid of'. I saw Patrick there in the most loving and positive way. And it was like he was sitting on my shoulder saying: 'Look at what we built together here.'" [The Sun]
I really wish that everyone would stop complaining about Heidi's plastic surgeries. Yes, I think she looked better before. Yes I do think that plastic surgery might not be the most women positive action in the world, but at the same time, its her choice.
I can have 10 abortions, and Heidi can have 10 plastic surgeries.
All the haters should read "Cultural Dopes and She-Devils: Cosmetic Surgery as an Ideological Dilemma"