In the new issue of Cosmopolitan, cover star Scarlett Johannson broaches the increasingly trendy (in a GOOD way) topic of wage disparity. Though the actress supports the fight for equal pay, she herself does not like talking about it.
“I am very fortunate,” she tells Cosmo. “I make a really good living, and I’m proud to be an actress who’s making as much as many of my male peers at this stage.”
“I think every woman has [been underpaid], but unless I’m addressing it as a larger problem, for me to talk about my own personal experience with it feels a little obnoxious. It’s part of a larger conversation about feminism in general.”
I respect your take, ScarJo.
Johansson also talked about Planned Parenthood...
“There are countries at war, there’s terrorism, global warming, and we’re like, ‘We should definitely cut the budget for Planned Parenthood. Let’s take away the availability of women’s health initiatives!’… It’s nuts. We’re talking about preventing cervical and breast cancers. Growing up, I used [PP’s] services. All my girlfriends did—not just for birth control but for Pap smears and breast exams. You read about the rise of back-alley abortions, women having to mutilate themselves and teenagers having to seek help in unsafe conditions, and for what?! We’re moving backward when we’re supposed to be moving forward.”
...and discussed a vampiric relationship with an ex, which—unfortunately—is less literal than I’d like it to be.
Yes. Yes, he is.
- Never forget Arnold Schwarzenegger’s lovechild. [TMZ]
- Chris Evans is a butt man. [POPSUGAR]
- Like a horror movie villain, Taylor Hicks just keeps coming back. [Billboard]
- Khloé Kardashian wore a Native American headdress. [ONTD]
- Here’s another story about Jennifer Lawrence barfing (this one involves Emma Stone). [Dlisted]
- Please keep it to yourself, Emilia Clarke. [US Weekly]
Image via Getty.