Dream journals are “a style of acting that’s pretty popular right now, where actors use their dreams to connect to whatever material they’re working on.” Or, at least that’s what the subject of many dream journals, Ryan Gosling, says. As the director of Lost River, Gosling made his actors keep dream journals. Basically the idea was to make Christina Hendricks and Saoirse Ronan write down their dreams and then share them with everyone else.
“I know that sounds kooky, but it’s like a symbol to represent a lot of things, and it gives you a shorthand,” Gosling told the Creators Project. “We tried it, and it came in handy a few times. I’ve also never said the word kooky before, so that’s a first.” [Vanity Fair]
Hendricks’ likely response to kooky dream journals:
Frances Bean Cobain sat down with Rolling Stone and let everyone know that she’s not a big fan of Nirvana’s music. “I don’t really like Nirvana that much,” she said. “Sorry, promotional people, Universal. I’m more into Mercury Rev, Oasis, Brian Jonestown Massacre.”
The only child of Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain is the executive producer of the first authorized documentary about her father, Montage of Heck which will be released on HBO (it’s making its way through the festival circuit right now).
On her father’s suicide, Cobain said, “If he had lived, I would have had a dad. And that would have been an incredible experience.” She also spoke with the magazine her father’s ambition: “...he had a lot thrown on him, exceeding his ambition. He wanted his band to be successful. But he didn’t want to be the fucking voice of a generation.” [Rolling Stone; E!]
Kim and Khloe Kardashian have arrived in their ancestral home of Armenia and everyone there is freaking out. The Kardashians will be observing the centennial of the Armenian genocide, when 1.5 million Armenians were massacred by Ottoman Turks. They’re expected to visit a memorial to the victims in the country’s capital. [Page Six]
- Amy Poehler has abandoned all blonds and is a redhead now. [Us Weekly]
- Do you often find yourself wondering, “What happened to Paris Hilton?” Well, here she is in a sheer dress. [Page Six]
- Rachael Leigh Cook gave birth to a baby boy. [E!]
- Speaking of She’s All That cast members, Freddie Prinze Jr. is releasing a cookbook. [Just Jared]
- Big Ang’s cancer surgery was successful. Her raspy voice will be with us for decades to come. [TMZ]
- Barry Manilow married his manager Garry Kief. [Us Weekly]
- Ramona Singer wants you to know that she “keep[s] the company of men now.” Translation: she goes on dates with real live men. [Us Weekly]
- Here’s Neville Longbottom (or “Matthew Lewis” as he calls himself) shirtless and shivering. [Just Jared]
Images via Getty.