To me, Cinderella is the Superman of fairy tale heroines—I'm not mad, but the chick is BLAAAAAAAAND. That said, though, I'll probably go see Disney's live-action Cinderella adaptation (scheduled for release next year) because I'm a ridiculous woman-baby and magic is my food. Anyway, Richard Madden (a.k.a. the King in the North) has been cast as Prince Charming. Mmmmmmm, charmy!!!
Richard Madden, who plays heir to Ned Stark and chief adversary to King Joffrey on HBO's hit drama series, is set to play Prince Charming in Disney's forthcoming live-action adaptation of "Cinderella." He will star in the film opposite Lily James ("Downton Abbey") as the title character and Academy Award-nominated actress Cate Blanchett ("The Hobbit") as the infamous Wicked Stepmother.
"Thor" director Kenneth Branagh took over directing responsibilities for the film after "Never Let Me Go" filmmaker Mark Romanek left the project due to "creative differences." The script was co-authored by Aline Brosh McKenna ("The Devil Wears Prada") and Chris Weitz ("About a Boy").
Snoop Lion talked wistfully to Rolling Stone about his previous career as an actual pimp:
"I put an organization together," the Reincarnated rapper tells Rolling Stone's contributing editor Jonah Weiner in the new issue of Rolling Stone. "I did a Playboy tour, and I had a bus follow me with ten bitches on it. I could fire a bitch, f—k a bitch, get a new ho: It was my program. City to city, titty to titty, hotel room to hotel room, athlete to athlete, entertainer to entertainer."
..."I'd act like I'd take the money from the bitch, but I'd let her have it," he said of how he ran his organization. "It was never about the money; it was about the fascination of being a pimp … As a kid I dreamed of being a pimp, I dreamed of having cars and clothes and bitches to match. I said, 'F—k it — I'm finna do it."
Just a reminder to the entire earth, for the millionth time: "Other people's unregulated poverty-driven sexual exploitation" is not a good Halloween costume or party theme. Please stop. Thx! [Us]
At the Met Gala, Gwyneth Paltrow crushed out on Miranda Kerr for looking like a beautiful cartoon bug:
"She was wearing a black Michael Kors dress that was sort of like a sparkling bandeau, and her whole stomach was showing," the 40-year-old Oscar winner told Entertainment Weekly of the 30-year-old supermodel. "It was really beautiful. It was a little punk-y. She's just so pretty, it's abnormal."
In fact, Paltrow complimented the former Victoria's Secret Angel during the annual event. "I was like, 'Is it weird to be that pretty?'" the Iron Man 3 actress recalled, laughing. "And she was like, 'No.'"
GOOOOOOOP. YOU SLAAAAAAAY. [Us]
Snooki wants to be workout buddies with Chris Christie.
I support this plan and would like to subscribe to its newsletter, etc. [Twitter]
- Kanye West is apparently filming a cameo in Anchorman 2. [Hollywood.com]
- Here are all of the things that Lauren Conrad did and wore this week. Most of them are beige or beige-adjacent. [ONTD]
- Here is a picture of Gwen Stefani and Katy Perry hanging out. [Us]
- Christian heavy metal singer Tim Lambesis hired a hitman to kill his estranged wife. You know, like Jesus. [Bossip]
- Here's Ryan Gosling manhandling your box. [E!]
- Dianna Agron (or, possibly, just some lady?) wore a hilarious floral cape to the AT&T store. [JustJared]
- You make an excellent point, Robin Williams.
- Lil Wayne says he doesn't remember his seizures: "I go to sleep and wake up in the hospital." [Us]
- Miley Cyrus met a ghost. [E!]
- Here's Sandra Bullock carrying around her son's school project (it's about bees). [E!]
- Rita Ora got a tattoo of a dove. Dumb/not dumb? [E!]
- DANCE O'CLOCK. I'M OUT. (BTW, just let me know if you want me to rob somebody so we can live like Whitney and Bobby.)
Images via http://www.gettyimages.com/">Getty.