Never believe a singer who cancels because of bronchitis. Or, only believe them half the time. OK, 65 percent of the time. 75 percent. Actually, I used to get bronchitis quite regularly and always worry that it will develop into pneumonia, so who am I to doubt anyone?
Look, the point of this stupid rant is that Rihanna said she had to bail from her scheduled Grammys performance because she came down with bronchitis, a TMZ source claims that’s probably not the case, and—because of my complicated history with the disease—I don’t know who to believe.
TMZ writes she was “screaming and hysterical” before bailing, adding:
Sources connected with the show, and several sources who were not connected but present at the show, tell TMZ ... the singer was loudly expressing displeasure over her rehearsal. They say she was loud and upset and, as we first reported, bailed on the event.
Because bronchitis makes screaming...difficult...and because sources say she was doing “great” at rehearsals (as well as a Lionel Richie charity event the night before), I’m going to assume she left on account of something about the show’s production bothering her. But, again, who knows. The only thing I know for certain about the ANTI cycle is that “Higher” is its best song.
It’s beginning to look a little like Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are officially back together (or at least continue to tolerate each other). On Monday night, the former/current couple shut down the bar of a Big Sky ski resort while on an apparent triple date with Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen and “CBS journalist Sharyn Alfonsi and her husband Matt Eby.” (Shoutout to Nannygate ‘15, when Brady let that nanny try on one of his Super Bowl rings!)
Writes Page Six:
“They had some serious après-ski and shut the bar down. They started drinking bloody marys, then beer and bourbons. They kept the bar open late for them. They all ate nachos, even Gisele,” the source said.
“There were no nannies in sight, but Jen doesn’t look like she is harboring any resentment. Jen and Ben weren’t lovey-dovey at all, but were super-friendly and happy, relaxed. They were both attentive to their kids and laughing with Tom and Gisele. ”
Another source insisted that Ben and Jen “are not back together,” and that they’ve “just found a new normal where they get along and work together for the sake of the kids.”
Chrissy Teigen v. The Haters, Volume 1,292,887
She won again.
- Kanye West enjoyed this musician so much that I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked him to make $53 million appear. [TMZ]
- All I want in life is to go to dinner at Rao’s. Why can’t my last name be Cannavale? [Page Six]
- Adam “Calvin Harris” Wiles and Taylor Swift interact like two characters from a bad YA novel about how tough it is to be in love when you’re a pop star. [Instagram]
- Lisa Rinna and Yolanda Foster interact like two characters from a Bravo show. [Us Weekly]
- Sandy Duncan peaced out of a Broadway show after just one week because she’s Sandy Duncan and can do whatever the hell she wants. [Page Six]
- This headline can chill. [The Hollywood Life]
- This headline can keep at it. [Page Six]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Image via Getty.