New details have come out about the medical procedure during which Joan Rivers went into cardiac arrest, and they're really appalling.
According to a new report from CNN, Rivers' personal ear, nose and throat specialist — who has yet to be publicly identified — was allowed to perform a biopsy on her vocal cords while she was under anesthesia for a scheduled endoscopy. Rivers had not approved the biopsy, and the ENT doctor was not certified to operate at the clinic. According to CNN, "Rivers' vocal chords began to swell during the allegedly unauthorized biopsy, cutting off the flow of oxygen to her lungs, which led to cardiac arrest."
And, if that weren't completely terrible enough, a source tells CNN that the ENT doctor took a selfie in the procedure room while Rivers was under anesthesia. Are you fucking kidding me?
Last week, Yorkville Endoscopy released a statement denying that any vocal cord biopsy had ever been done at the clinic, which, uh, is looking questionable now. One day later, the clinic confirmed the doctor who performed Rivers' endoscopy was no longer working there. As of now, neither he nor the ear, nose and throat doctor have been accused of any wrongdoing. [CNN]
In a new Dior ad campaign video, Jennifer Lawrence talks about what it means to be a strong woman/looks very poised/is insanely beautiful: "A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence and can be tough but fair and kind. And also knows how to get what she wants." Jennifer Lawrence is so good at life that she doesn't even look dumb in that stupid Dior pearl earring. [E!]
HERE IS A VERY GOOD RUMOR: Kylie Jenner, realizing that Kendall is kinda hogging all the modeling cred, has decided to become the next Katy Perry. I believe she can do it, mostly because she has enough money and teen savvy to spout cheerful autotuned gibberish and make pizza-themed music videos, which is all it takes. She is allegedly working with the producer behind Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair." [Radar]
- Halle Berry has long hair now. [Bossip]
- Kim Kardashian says she and Kanye are trying to have a second baby. Will keep you updated as baby progresses. [E!]
- Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber, like children at a birthday party, went bowling and ate nachos. Unlike children at a birthday party, they made out a lot. The most noteworthy part of this tale is this account from a source: "The group, of about 12 people in all, enjoyed some of Lucky Strike's Esteban's Nacho's Grande, Cheeseburgers and wings. Specifically, Justin was seen eating the Mac & Cheese bites." Thank you for going into specifics, source. [E!]
- Beyoncé and Jay Z, married couple, are maybe working on a new album together. [ONTD]
- Lorde and Kanye West, friends (???)/fellow arch-mages (?????), are also recording something together. [Page Six]
- Look how much denim is on Karlie Kloss' body. [Just Jared]
- Bill Hader says he thinks that Stefon was making everything up and that none of New York's Hottest Clubs are real :'( [HuffPo]