Last night, while watching the Tonys with his family, Neil Patrick Harris took to Twitter to make fun of the woman who was hosting the backstage portion of the show for CBS. “Who is the woman in the top hat backstage at @TheTonyAwards?” he asked his followers before quoting his 7-year-old son Gideon. “Gideon remarked that she says ‘like’ and ‘oh my god’ a lot. I’m confused…”
What Harris didn’t know was...everything–and the woman he was making fun of, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star/creator and friend of Jezebel Rachel Bloom, quickly fired back.
After being rightfully shamed for pulling a “this woman says ‘like’ too much” (I’m only half-convinced that Gideon actually said that, and fully convinced that if he did, it’s because Harris taught him that people who do so are stupid), Doogie responded with this cowering (and condescending) non-apology:
Bloom left him hanging. An expert move.
“I mean, you know. These conversations have been had and, to my knowledge, it’s all over. It’s all over with. I mean, listen: I’m ready to be back to the music for real. Just feeding my base, that’s it. That’s the most important thing to me at all times.”
- Pusha T, on the end of his feud with Drake
- “5 Wrong Rumors” is my favorite new recurring feature on any website. [Gossip Cop]
- “[Anthony Bourdain’s] family is still waiting for the French government to allow the TV chef’s body to be flown back to the US for burial.” [Page Six]
- Amy Schumer and her chef husband, What’s His Name, made their red carpet debut. [E! Online]
- Will someone who has Lil Tay on their Find My Friends tell me where she is? [ONTD]
- Demi needs to give her vocal cords a break. [The Sun]