Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas welcomed a daughter, Malti Marie Chopra Jonas, via surrogate in January, and they revealed this weekend that she spent more than 100 days in a neonatal intensive care unit, or NICU, and only recently came home.
“On this Mother’s Day we can’t help but reflect on these last few months and the rollercoaster we’ve been on, which we now know, so many people have also experienced,” Jonas wrote on Instagram. “After 100 plus days in the NICU, our little girl is finally home.” Jonas also wished a happy Mother’s Day to “all the incredible mothers and care takers out there” and a happy first Mother’s Day to his wife.
Chopra shared the same photo and much of the same caption, adding “there is no one I’d rather do this with than you. Thank you for making me a mama @nickjonas I love you ❤️.”
The couple thanked the healthcare workers at Rady Children’s La Jolla and Cedars-Sinai, Los Angeles. Both Jonas and Chopra wrote that they’ve had a “challenging few months,” which sounds like an understatement!
Jonas also called his daughter “a badass,” which—please, this baby has been through enough, already.
- Britney Spears and Sam Asghari have a wedding date and, no, they’re not sharing when it is. [Page Six]
- Tristan Thompson sent flowers to Kris Jenner for Mother’s Day, and she not only shared them on Instagram stories, but actually wrote the words “love you” followed by the sparkling heart emoji. (Pete Davidson’s bouquet got three heart emojis). [E! Online]
- Jennifer Lopez shared a very cute throwback clip of her and Ben Affleck at a 2003 basketball game and Ben is wearing...a Che Guevara t-shirt? [Twitter]
- I need the Men in Black memory zappy thingy after seeing Kendrick Lamar morph into OJ Simpson, Kanye West, and Jussie Smollett in his newest music video. [TMZ]
- Travis Scott gave his first public performance since the Astroworld tragedy, where 10 people died and hundreds were injured. [People]