Mindy Kaling's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, doesn't hit stores until the fall, but her publisher has posted a substantial excerpt online. Using the text as a guide, see if you can figure out whether these statements are true or false. Then highlight the hidden text for the answers.
- Mindy had no idea that marijuana and pot were the same thing until she was sixteen.
- Mindy thinks guys should bring wine or chocolate to soirées, because "it is endearing to imagine you standing in line at Trader Joe's before the party."
- Mindy loves having one night stands.
Answer: FALSE! She's never had a one night stand.
- Mindy thinks that when a person kisses his or her dog on the lips in public, it's adorable.
Answer: FALSE! She's thinks it's "horrifying."
- Mindy cries "like five times a week."
- Mindy was at the same party I went to last night and was super totally cool and awesome.
Answer: TRUE OMGWTFBBQ!!!
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? Excerpt [Crown Publishing Group]
Funny Women Writing Themselves [The New Yorker]
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)