Philippa Charlotte “Pippa” Middleton, the 33-year-old little sister of Kate Middleton, wed millionaire hedge fund manager James Matthews in Englefield, England on Saturday.
Pippa wore a custom Giles Deacon dress and a Stephen Jones veil embroidered with pearls. It rained just before the ceremony, and, according to The Daily Mail, the wedding was Scottish-themed, perhaps because Pippa attended Edinburgh University. The guests reportedly dined on haggis canapés and the whiskey required to stomach them.
Prince Harry arrived solo, though several outlets have speculated that his girlfriend, Meghan Markle, was expected to join him at the reception.
Roger Federer and his wife Mirka were also there.
And here’s the Duchess of Cambridge with flower boys and girls.
Dwayne Johnson did not dispel any rumors that he’s contemplating a run for president in a few years during his appearance on The Tonight Show on Thursday. Johnson told host Jimmy Fallon:
“The surge and the groundswell since then has really been amazing. I gotta tell you, I’m so incredibly flattered — there’s a national poll that just came out this past week … that brought together Republicans and Democrats in saying that I would beat Donald Trump if we had an election today to become president…I’ve really been blown away. It’s so flattering.”
Earlier this week, Public Policy Polling found that The Rock has high favorables among both Democrats and Republicans as a presidential candidate, although about half of all voters have no opinion about him whatsoever. Still, there’s plenty of time to change that.
Johnson also told Fallon that he thought voters were looking for “more poise, less noise,” and “better leadership.” He believes his mass appeal comes from a combination of early rising, supporting the troops, and being a family man.
Watch the interview here:
- A trial date (May 23) has been set for The Bachelor’s Chris Soules, who was arrested last month for fleeing the scene of a fatal car accident. [Us Weekly]
- Priyanka Chopra ate Cheetos while Zac Ephron tended to his abs on the set of Baywatch. [Us Weekly]
- Networks are vying to interview the Duggar sisters about their sexual molestation lawsuit. [Page Six]
- Prince’s sister and five half-siblings have officially been confirmed as the heirs to the late singer’s $200 million estate. [Variety]
- Beyoncé’s dad says the twins aren’t due to be born for at least two more weeks. [TMZ]
- Tom Hardy will star in Ruben Fleischer-directed Venom. [THR]
- Loud noises prompted a stampede at a Future concert in Brooklyn last night. [NYDN]