It’s difficult to imagine thinking it’s a good idea to get a pet just because you see something similar on TV, but these are strange times. Thus, Peter Dinklage is working with PETA to urge people not to adopt—and subsequently abandon—huskies because they resemble (very cool, but also very fictional) direwolves on Game of Thrones. According to PETA:
Adoring viewers are buying the dogs from pet stores and breeders (often naming them after their favorite characters), then—after realizing how much work and commitment are required to care for them—dumping them at shelters already bursting at the seams with homeless dogs.
Ugh, this sucks. But if common sense won’t stop people, maybe Tyrion Lannister will. Dinklage released a statement through the advocacy group urging people to please knock it off:
“Not only does this hurt all the deserving homeless dogs waiting for a chance at a good home in shelters, but shelters are also reporting that many of these Huskies are being abandoned — as often happens when dogs are bought on impulse, without understanding their needs.”
PETA also points out that this has happened before, with films like 101 Dalmatians, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Legally Blonde and Men in Black. Stop!
Though rumors have swirled for awhile, Mindy Kaling had yet to confirm that she was expecting a child. But on an interview with Today’s Willie Geist, set to air in September, Kaling confirmed that she’s “really excited” about the prospect of motherhood. I suppose this could be some theoretical excitement for eventual motherhood, but that would definitely be a curveball.
“As you know, it’s so easy to criticize parenting until you’re a parent. So one of the nice things about becoming a parent is that I’ll be able to openly criticize other parenting, because I will have a child” she joked. Just a guess, but I believe Kaling will be a cool mom.
- Jesse Williams and Minka Kelly are officially a thing. [TMZ]
- Meanwhile, Williams’s estranged wife, Aryn Drake-Lee, is requesting sole custody of their kids. [Us Weekly]
- Lady Gaga has agreed to hand over texts from Kesha as part of a subpoena from Dr. Luke. [Page Six]
- No, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are not getting back together, and their divorce is moving full steam ahead. [TMZ]
- Fuck this guy. [ABC]
- Johnny Depp’s legal battle now involves the Feds. [Deadline]
- Duh: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris split in part because of Pratt’s fame. [People]