Olivia Jade, whose parents were finally sentenced to prison time for scamming her and her sister into college, is learning about privilege. Specifically that she...has it.
“As a person who was born into privilege based on my skin color & financial situation, i was not always aware that these issues were still so present. And that makes me feel awful. But that also fuels me,” she wrote. “It makes me want to learn more and do more and be better for all my beautiful black friends and any other person who faces discrimination.”
She added, “I’m not racist and i never have been but i need to speak up about this because just not being racist isn’t enough. It outrages me. It makes me feel sick. It brings me to tears. THERE SHOULD NOT BE SUCH A GAP BETWEEN PEOPLE LIKE THIS. We need to support and stand up and speak and use our WHITE PRIVILEGE TO STOP THIS.”
Chiara has a message for her extremely cute son.
Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds donated $200,000 to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, likely as an apology for shit like Lively’s “antebellum-inspired lifestyle blog.”
- Leah McSweeney called out Ramona Singer for her “All lives matter” comment. [The Blast]
- CUTE BABY ALERT. [Vanity Fair]
- Cole Sprouse got arrested while protesting. [Instagram]
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are threatening to sue a former bodyguard if he says anything else about West again. (He previously called him “the neediest, moodiest and worst tipper.”) [Page Six]
- Karina Smirnoff is anxious about her son. [Us Weekly]