On Friday, Meek Mill was sentenced to 90 days of house arrest for violating his probation. Nicki Minaj was in the Philadelphia courtroom with Mill and, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, she sat in the front row behind him. Minaj testified on Mill’s behalf at an earlier hearing where she promised to help him follow the rules of his probation. The Inquirer reports:
In a halting voice, Mill apologized for “embarrassing” the court and his probation officer. He said he was planning to “get more life coaching.” He said he knew what the stakes were - “everything is riding on the line.”
He blamed his probation woes on the struggles of fame - “Early in my career, I was caught up between money and success.”
Mill was convicted of drug possession and carrying a gun without a permit in 2008. After serving eight months in prison, he was sentenced to five years probation. According to prosecutors, Mill violated his probation four separate times. He apologized to the court and promised to “get more life coaching.”
Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds know how to promote their upcoming movies:
Here’s a picture from the upcoming Gilmore Girls revival:
- Solange Knowles lost her wedding ring during Mardi Gras. [NYDN]
- Speaking of the Knowles family, Bruno Mars will be joining the Beyonce show tonight, better known to some as the Super Bowl. [NYDN]
- Johnny Depp “tortured” Leonardo DiCaprio on the set of What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. [Huffington Post]
- Amy Schumer was voted “Class Comedian” in high school. [Page Six]
- Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry are maybe dating. [Just Jared]
- Joel Grey’s new memoir sounds interesting. [NYDN]
- This is my last weekend at Jezebel. Thanks for hanging out with me, it’s been fun.
Image via Getty.