The oft-rumored gaiety of flaxen-haired show dad Joe Simpson got a signal boost last night from Simpson's former son-in-law Nick Lachey. While promoting a new 98 Degrees album on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, Lachey quipped: “The best thing about not having Joe Simpson anymore as a father-in-law is I don’t have to play grab-ass under the table on Easter Sunday.” I think I speak for us all when I say: 0_______0
The singer, who was promoting a new 98 Degrees album, later admitted to Andy about his implication that Joe had touched him inappropriately, “It may not be [funny] tomorrow, but it is tonight.”
According to sources, Tina [Simpson] also penned a secret suicide note after finding out about Joe’s gay affair. Talent manager Joe has denied all the accusations. Meanwhile, however, he and Tina split up and finalized their divorce this April.
After Nick’s insensitive TV comment, an insider told RadarOnline.com: “Jessica was shocked and horrified that Nick said what he said. She’s upset. Nick might have thought it was funny and he got a cheap laugh, but to Jessica, it wasn’t — at all.”
“Jessica was disappointed that he would even speak about her at all. It’s been eight years since they were married and six years since they last spoke. Jessica doesn’t feel that Nick has a right to speak about her business anymore."
- Brooke Mueller claims she has "connections to the mafia," which seems true, if you substitute certain other words for the word "mafia." [TMZ]
- Karina Smirnoff has a hurt neck and can't dance. [E!]
- Loloollolololl, Vin Diesel claims that Facebook owes him eleventy billion dollars for helping "boost the site's profile" when he signed up for it in 2009. In a statement released by his attorney, Diesel said, "Brrrrrgurrbllldurdlldurrdururbbrrrrrgglldurrdurrrrrr." [E!]
- Seth Meyers says he's "worried and excited" about taking over Late Night! Cute! [E!]
- Bryce Dallas Howard looooooooooooves Keeping Up with the Kardashians. [E!]
- E! doesn't like Eva Longoria's makeup. Quelle horreur. [E!]
- Here is Rachel Weisz and her kid. Wait, did I know Rachel Weisz is married to Daniel Craig? My brain is literally a waffle-fry. [JustJared]
- LeAnn Rimes is not growing a baby. [E!]
- Angie Everhart has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer.
"She expects to be back to work and to mommy duties in a few weeks," the rep continued. "The most important reason she is revealing this information is to encourage people to learn about cancer prevention, its signs and treatment immediately. She would also like to thank those who have provided such tremendous support."
- Get well soon, Angie Everhart. [Us]
- Khloe Kardashian got Invisalign. [E!]
- Here's Kate Beckinsale hanging out with her ex Michael Sheen and their kid. [JustJared]
- Oh, Ozzie. I think we all feel this way about Doritos.
Images via Getty.