Nia Vardalos and Ian Gomez are about to have a big fat Greek div—actually, never mind. That’s too obvious. Let’s start again! Nia Vardalos and Ian Gomez have decided to separate after 25 years of marriage. Per Us Weekly, the two cited “irreconcilable differences” as the cause of their split, and are “asking for joint legal custody of their 11-year-old daughter, Ilaria Vardalos Gomez.”
Like Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy, I had trouble picturing Nia and Ian apart. They were one of Hollywood’s happiest couples! (Right?) They hosted the American rip-off of The Great British Baking Show! Their names are anagrams of each other! And now they’re single, which is sad. (Or is it? Did I ever really care about these two, or is a photo with a big ol’ rip Photoshopped into it enough to convince my stupid animal brain that I did?)
I can’t wait to see if Nia and her best friend Rita Wilson take a long vacation together, and will report back if their Instagrams start getting exciting.
Note: I apologize that today’s lede is about Nia Vardalos and Ian Gomez. Goss is rarely great after a holiday.
Chance the Rapper proposed to his girlfriend Kirsten Corley at a 4th of July cookout, which is very cute. And there’s video!
[thinking face emoji]
- I love when people point out how terrible Andy Dick has always been. [ONTD]
- Does E! know what “super-private” means? [E! Online]
- The Foster sisters are very funny imo. [Us Weekly]
- Kaley Cuoco married a billionaire and her dress took 400 hours to make. [E! Online]
- Jennifer Aniston is dating a “tech titan.” [Celebitchy]