When we learned that Miley Cyrus and fashion designer Jeremy Scott were teaming up on *something* we didn't quite know what to expect. (jk we all know: beads, bongs, plush toys, hot glue). Now this week, we will all finally witness the ascension of Miley Cyrus, famed stoner and purveyor of black culture aesthetics into Miley Cyrus: artiste.
Cyrus collection entitled "Dirty Hippie" consists of neon-colored sculptures made of teddy bears and plastic jewelry, among other things. I'm assuming other things means glitter and marijuana leaves and sunglasses and inflatable penises and maybe condoms. The collection will debut on September 10, during Jeremy Scott's show. Here is Cyrus discussing her artistic process, and how shitty things happening in her life inspired her new endeavor to V:
"…So, that's how I started making art. I had a bunch of f—-ing junk and sh—, and so instead of letting it be junk and sh—, I turned it into something that made me happy."
"I just sit around and smoke weed anyway, so I might as well sit around, smoke weed, and do something. And this is me doing something," she explained. "I love it. I mean, I'm up until seven in the morning doing this stuff all the time. It was much weirder when I started doing it while I was sober."
Cyrus also talks about how she doesn't just want to be a "pop pop dumb dumb" and how her whole philosophy is "Do what you love and you're not going to work ever again." When she makes hundreds of thousands of dollars off of her teddy bear bong sculptures the slow continuous thudding sound you will hear will be me slowly and artistically creating an indentation of my face into my desk. [Billboard]
Alyssa Milano gave birth to a behbeh girl, Elizabella Dylan Bugliari, on Thursday, and Instagrammed an adorable picture of the behbeh with her older brother yesterday.
The caption: "Milo meets his baby sister for the first time." [US Mag]
- CeeLo Green has been cut from Louisisana's Gretna Heritage Music Festival. He will be replaced by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. [NOLA]
- Channing and Jenna Dewan Tatum have "dance parties" with their 15-month-old daughter. [Contact Music]
- Simone Battle, a finalist on the US X Factor and member of girl group "G.R.L." was found dead in her Los Angeles home of an apparent suicide, though her autopsy has not been completed. How awful. [TMZ]
- Gene Simmons has declared, "Rock is finally dead." In other news, remember that one time Lorde was the first female artist to win a VMA for Best Rock Video? [E!]
- Jake Gyllenhaal's mother was very worried about his dramatic weight loss. [E!]
- Zosia Mamet went platinum. Haired. Platinum-haired. [Just Jared]
- It's Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg's wedding album! Now you too can relive all the memories! [US Mag]
- Nick Carter new he found The One, when his now-wife mentioned she hated boy bands. Aw. [Contact Music]
- Next week on Prince Harry's 30th birthday, he and Prince William will inherit their mother Princess Diana's wedding dress, as per her will. [US Mag]
I have not stopped laughing at this yet. HELP ME.