Welcome to Megyn Kelly Today, Today, a new daily column in which we will share the most memorable things that happened on Megyn Kelly Today every morning until we are no longer able to watch Megyn Kelly Today without feeling like there will be no tomorrow.
- Megyn Kelly began, “Can your Halloween costume be too convincing? Your haunted housing too heart-stopping? Jeff Rossen on the hidden dangers of the annual fright-fest.”
- Megyn Kelly said, “We are in the midst of a watershed moment in this country right now...as the drip drip drip of sexual harassment allegations has now turned into a nonstop downpour. It’s a tsunami now.”
- Bobby Finger thought, “Tsunamis aren’t caused by downpours but I see what you’re trying to do here.”
- Megyn Kelly caught the audience up on the Mark Halperin news.
- Megyn Kelly began talking about James Toback and said, “This guy...[isn’t] getting enough attention...[and is] a bigger problem.”
- Megyn Kelly said 310 women have accused Toback of harassment.
- The audience said, “Wow.”
- Megyn Kelly said, “We debated like how do we get to this stuff at 9:00 am in the morning—how are you gonna talk about this stuff. But it’s less meaningful if we just gloss right over it...without giving the details.”
- Megyn Kelly talked about Ellen’s shitty tweet, and I’m honestly thrilled.
- Megyn Kelly introduced Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary to discuss “the male perspective” of this whole situation.
- Bobby Finger said, “This is the best you can do?”
- Kevin O’Leary kept talking about “zero tolerance.”
- Bobby Finger said, “That’s a nice talking point, but this segment is worthless.”
- Kevin O’Leary said some men “become intoxicated with power and go to the dark side...The cost of doing that in the past was not evident. Today it’s very evident.”
- Kevin O’Leary said, “When you fall in love with somebody, and you build that beautiful relationship with them based on trust, the first time you lie, you lose 50 percent of the equity in that relationship forever. You never get it back. Even though you may stay together, you’re never the same. It’s the same in business. You have to trust each other, and obviously communicate and be realistic about what your expectations are in a workplace—particularly if you’re someone’s boss!”
- Bobby Finger said, “Why did this happen? Kevin O’Leary is always rude to both Barbara and Lori on Shark Tank.”
- Also, remember this?
- Megyn Kelly thanked Kevin O’Leary and cut to commercial.
- Jeff Rossen walked onstage to talk about whether or not being scared in a haunted house can kill you. (It probably can’t.)
- Jeff Rossen rolled tape of Megyn Kelly being scared in the office, and it was not as fun as I assume he expected it would be.
- Jeff Rossen said, “Here’s tape of Megyn being scared.” (See the Clip of the Day.)
- A costumed PA jumped out behind Megyn Kelly’s desk as she walked into her office.
- Megyn Kelly sorta stood more upright upon seeing the costumed PA, like one of those evolution charts progressing from Homo Habilis to Homo Erectus.
- Megyn Kelly said, “I’m like a rock.”
- Megyn Kelly thanked Jeff Rossen for coming, then cut to commercial.
- Megyn Kelly began today’s Secrets segment—about a woman finding her biological father—which I will skip because who cares?
- Megyn Kelly welcomed “style expert Chassie Post” to talk about Halloween decor.
- This happened:
- Chassie Post said “faux crow.”
- Chassie Post showed off some Halloween decor that’s a witch upside down in a cauldron, which coincidentally looks just like my Halloween costume! Only I’m calling it “Bobby Finger after watching Megyn Kelly Today for four weeks.”
- Chassie Post said, “Let’s talk about centerpieces.”
- Chassie Post said this is made out of “branches from the yard.”
- Bobby Finger asked, “If those are from her backyard, does Chassie Post live in the Upside Down?”
- Megyn Kelly said, “Thanks Chassie! Up next, Rachel Platten!”
- Bobby Finger noted that Rachel Platten is the first celebrity to make multiple appearances on Megyn Kelly Today, which makes sense.
- Megyn Kelly welcomed Rachel Platten to the stage.
- Rachel Platten performed “Broken Glass,” which Megyn Kelly referred to as a “hit.”
- Bobby Finger, a true Rachel Platten fan, searched for some receipts and found this:
- Megyn Kelly thanked Rachel Platten and cut to commercial.
- Megyn Kelly spoke to Hoda and Jenna Bush-Hager.
- Hoda, Megyn Kelly, and Jenna Bush-Hager complimented Rachel Platten.
- Megyn Kelly said, “O-M-G,” re: Rachel Platten’s performance.
- Megyn Kelly said, “You can have fun with us too here in the studio...for tickets go to Today.com/MegynToday. M-E-G-Y-N.”
- Megyn Kelly repeated, “M-E-G-Y-N.”
- Bobby Finger pulled a Michelle Pfeiffer in What Lies Beneath and whispered, “I think she’s startin’ to suspect something.”
- Megyn Kelly Today ended.
Clip of the Day: A Sad Scare