Welcome to Megyn Kelly Today, Today, a new daily column in which we will share the most memorable things that happened on Megyn Kelly Today every morning until we are no longer able to watch Megyn Kelly Today without feeling like there will be no tomorrow.
Taylor Lautner Doesn’t Even Remember Saying ‘Bella! Where the Hell Have You Been Loca?’
- Megyn Kelly began the show by saying Hoda would be there to discuss wine.
- Megyn Kelly revealed that it’s Bring Your Mother to Work Day.
- Megyn Kelly revealed that she asked her mother to come to work and that her mother said, “No.”
- Megyn Kelly mentioned that a bunch of space junk will soon fall somewhere on the planet and said, “Good luck. Hope you live.”
- Megyn Kelly casually mentioned god while discussing David Letterman’s children, which is an interesting development.
- “There’s a reason god cuts you off.”
- Megyn Kelly said, “Who needs a hug?”
- Megyn Kelly revealed that scientists now say hugs reduce loneliness.
- Megyn Kelly wlecomed Hoda to the stage.
- Megyn Kelly and Hoda hugged.
- Hoda looked at Megyn Kelly and said, “First of all, this is awesome.”
- The audience applauded.
- Hoda looked at the audience and said, “This moment—you know how you have a moment like ‘right here right now, this is awesome’? Right here, right now, this is awesome.”
- Bobby Finger doesn’t really know what moment that is, but would honestly trust Hoda with his life.
- Megyn Kelly said something unfunny.
- Hoda said, “You’re funny!”
- Megyn Kelly and Hoda sat down.
- Megyn Kelly said, “We were on the way over here from The Today Show, and you know what we were talking about in the elevator? How annoying the new iOS update is.”
- Someone in the audience screamed, “YES!”
- Megyn Kelly said, “I am so irritated by what it has done to my phone.”
- Hoda said, “Heres the rule of thumb: never update. Just hit no thank you, no thank you.”
- Hoda talked about her own adoption.
- Hoda showed a video of her daughter laughing.
- The audience applauded.
- Megyn Kelly said there’s “no greater joy” than a beautiful moment with your child.
- Hoda asked Megyn Kelly to describe what it felt like to hold her first child for the first time.
- Megyn Kelly said it was “transformative of you as a person.”
- Megyn Kelly said, “Having children was the only moment in my life that changed me as a human being...all your selfishness leaves.”
- Hoda said she’s feeling emotions for the “very first time” now that she has a child.
- Hoda talked about how much she loves music.
- Music began playing.
- Hoda and Megyn Kelly danced.
- Bobby Finger said, “What the fuck?”
- The audience began clapping along.
- Bobby Finger said, “What the fuck is happening?”
- So many people got onstage and began dancing with Megyn Kelly and Hoda.
- Bobby Finger said, “No, really, what the fuck?”
- Megyn Kelly did a segue dance.
- Bobby Finger typed, “Now’s a good time to revisit Clover’s excellent piece from yesterday!”
- Bobby Finger dropped the clip of them dancing into his work chat room.
- Julianne Escobedo Shepherd said, “Megyn is constantly owning herself!”
- Megyn Kelly said, “And speaking of ‘it’s never too soon to start the life you want,’ uhh, Hoda has stuck around for an important topic: wine.”
- Ray Isle from Food & Wine showed us “how to order wine.”
- Ray Isle is literally showing Megyn Kelly and Hoda how to open a bottle of wine.
- Megyn Kelly asked Ray Isle how to “figure out” what to order at a restaurant.
- Hoda took a sip of the wine and said, “What is that?”
- Ray Isle said, “That is pinot noir.”
- Hoda said, “Delish!”
- Ray Isle showed off some great “fall wines under $20.”
- Megyn Kelly and Hoda loved all the wines they tasted.
- Megyn Kelly said, “I can taste the plum! B.S.! I can’t taste anything!”
- Megyn Kelly rolled tape of Michael Phelps’s Olympic biography.
- Megyn Kelly said he’s “well-known” for his “physique” and “easygoing style.”
- Megyn Kelly said Michael Phelps is “ready to get personal.”
- Michael Phelps walked onstage and the audience went absolutely bonkers.
- Bobby Finger noticed that there are tons of men in suits in the audience and found that strange!
- Bobby Finger wondered aloud, “Are they narcs?”
- Megyn Kelly asked Michael Phelps if his retirement was actually legit.
- Michael Phelps said it was.
- Michael Phelps discussed his struggle with depression.
- Bobby Finger said, “I don’t really care about swimming, but I like that Michael Phelps sits cross-legged and clasps his knees during interviews.”
- Megyn Kelly rolled tape of model Shaholly Ayers, an amputee without a full right arm.
- Megyn Kelly welcomed Shaholly Ayers, whose goal is to “shine a light on people with disabilities.”
- Shaholly Ayers said she is a “congenital amputee,” meaning she was born without that part of her arm.
- Shaholly Ayers said we should “encourage our kids” to discuss people with disabilities.
- Megyn Kelly introduced her Settle For More segment, which is about “Hot Chicken Takeover,” a southern restaurant chain (there are three of them) that hires predominantly people with criminal backgrounds.
- Megyn Kelly rolled tape of an employee explaining that the job gave him “a reason to believe in [himself].”
- Megyn Kelly welcomed Joe (the restaurant owner) and two of his employees to the stage.
- Megyn Kelly cut to commercial.
- Megyn Kelly fanned her face and said, “Tomorrow on the show, we have Greg Kinnear! Greg Kinnear’s gonna be here!!!”
- Bobby Finger thought, “Honestly? Understandable reaction!!”
- Megyn Kelly Today ended.
Clip of the Day: What the Fuck?