It was a huge weekend for some of the world’s biggest pop stars. But while many of them were releasing new music videos, surprising us with free albums, registering new songs, hugging it out after years-long feuds, calling each other bitches live on stage, and even announcing their presidential runs, Katy Perry was getting spanked.
Page Six reports the singer, who probably lit her VMA invitation on fire earlier this summer, threw a “wild” bachelorette party for a friend in New York City over the weekend.
One onlooker at the Paramount Hotel told us, “Katy and her group took tequila shots and selfies all night. Katy made sure the bachelorette was . . . spanked by one of the performers. And as the instigator, Katy set an example, getting spanked, not once, but twice.”
Sounds more fun than attending the VMAs!
During his acceptance speech at the VMAs last night, Kanye West said he saw Justin Timberlake cry at the Grammys when FutureSex/LoveSounds lost Album of the Year. (Sorry to bring the VMAs up again, but it’s the day after the VMAs so either prepare yourself for 12 more hours of garbage or just don’t look at another screen today.) West said, “Justin, I ain’t trying to put you on blast, but I saw that man in tears, bro.”
Not so, said Justin! In a series of tweets last night, he called Kanye’s statements mere “jokes.”
Well why don’t you just cry to your wife about it, you cry baby!!!!!!
Oh, speaking of celebrities tweeting:
- Kim reposted that Diclegis ad—with all the FDA requirements this time—while everyone was watching Nicki yell at Miley. Was it contractual? Maybe. Is it the best Instagram post of the evening? Absolutely. [Instagram]
- No one has seen Tom Cruise’s mom since April. Except maybe Shelly Miscavige. [Radar Online]
- Here’s Kelly Osbourne and Nick Jonas “dancing” together. [Us Weekly]
- Chance the Rapper was not happy with Miley last night. [ONTD]
- The Kardashians pissed off a bunch of their neighbors with a fireworks show. [TMZ]
- Look at this happy couple. [Us Weekly]
- Rob Kardashian is OK, maybe. [Instagram]
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image via Screengrab.