TV and Sirius XM host Maria Menounos began to notice in February that her speech was becoming slurred, and she was having trouble reading the teleprompter. She went to get an MRI and doctors discovered a “golf-ball-size” meningioma brain tumor.
In an exclusive interview with People, Menounos says the tumor was benign, though that wasn’t confirmed until her surgery on June 8, when surgeons were able to remove 99.9 percent of it. Menounos says her face is still numb, but she’s recovering. Meanwhile, her mother has Stage 4 brain cancer, though it is currently stable. Menounos is stepping down from her hosting duties at E! as she heals.
Here’s some sage advice from Menounos, to women and everyone:
“We’re caretakers as women and we put ourselves last,” she says. “I tell people all the time if your car is making a weird noise, you take it to the mechanic. How come when our body is making weird noises, we ignore it? I’m so lucky that I went to the doctor and raised the alarm.”
Rumer Willis is celebrating six months of sobriety. Congrats, Rumer!
- Here’s Princess Kate supposedly thirsty for some tennis player who I don’t think is that cute? You decide. [People]
- Things are pretty serious between Amber Rose and 21 Savage and she does not care about the age gap, thanks. [TMZ]
- Here’s Celine Dion having a grand ole time. [Just Jared]
- Hot Convict Jeremy Meeks has been making out with Topshop Heiress Chloe Green. He’s married. [US Magazine]
- Blac Chyna is “single” and “happy.” [US Magazine]