On Wednesday, Ben Affleck did a thing a lot of men (though not nearly enough) have been doing this past week: he apologized.
In this case, the male apology was issued to actor Hilarie Burton for groping her on camera during a 2003 appearance on MTV’s Total Request Live (note the vague “acted inappropriately,” which could technically refer to a number of exchanges).
The groping allegations against Affleck resurfaced on Tuesday when a Twitter user tweeted that Affleck “grabbed Hilarie Burton’s breast on TRL once. Everyone forgot though.” To which the One Tree Hill star replied that she certainly had not forgotten.
Now that Affleck’s all warmed up, perhaps he wouldn’t mind delivering one of those signature sincere apologies to makeup artist Annamarie Tendler, who’s married to comedian John Mulaney.
And all the other people whose butts he allegedly grabbed that night:
Lea Michele just woke up like this (levitated by her own boundless joy).
- Cancer survivor Christina Applegate revealed she had her fallopian tubes and ovaries removed to reduce her risk of developing cancer again. [People]
- First Audrina Partridge files for divorce from her husband, Corey Bohan, and now she discovers her wedding rings have gone missing and her closet drawers “ransacked.” Who could it be? Hm hm HM him. [Us Magazine]
- Perez Hilton has a third child now, via a surrogate. [Page Six]
- Natasha Bedingfield and her husband are expecting their first child. [People]
- Gal Gadot is in talks to star in Ruin, a post-WWII thriller, “in the vein of Inglorious Basterds and Fury.” [Deadline]
- Anthony Bourdain continues to win me over. [Twitter]