In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Joseph Kahn, who directed Taylor Swift’s vindictive music video for “Look What You Made Me Do,” continued to defend the star and even seemingly went after Beyoncé for, allegedly, copying Swift:
“It’s not ‘Formation’ at all. They try to say she’s wearing a black crop top and Beyoncé wore a black crop top. But they don’t realize in 2015 in ‘Bad Blood,’ Taylor Swift was wearing a black crop top. I really do think, by the way, that Beyoncé copied ‘Bad Blood.’”
Kahn later responded to the interview backlash with a bit of look-what-you-made-me-do ambivalence of his own, and claimed that he’d just been trolling.
Kahn previously came to Swift’s defense in 2015 when she faced criticism for grounding the aesthetic of her “Wildest Dreams” video in a romanticization of African colonialism.
Miranda Kerr is out here talking about how she makes sure to light candles and wear a nice dress to greet her husband—Snaphat CEO Evan Spiegel—when he comes home cause “men are visual.” And women are, what, attentive? At home?
Well, not exactly, Kerr, who has been modeling for 20 years, told The Edit that she’s mostly putting that aside to work on her new skincare line, Kora Organics, a move her husband was super supportive of and even encouraged her to make. “At work, I’m like, ‘We need to do this!’ and, ‘This needs to happen!,” says Kerr. “But at home, I slip into my feminine and empower Evan to be in his masculine.”
Kerr said something similar in 2013 about her relationship with Orlando Bloom: “If you’re really an alpha female, you don’t allow [your partner] to have the space to feel like the man in the relationship. Maybe I am too traditional, but men feel important when you ask for their help, instead of thinking you can do it all on your own.”
In the immortal words of Carrie Bradshaw “did someone just order a Victorian straight up?”
- Zach Braff thinks the newly announced Bachelor looks a bit like him, as if I could be less interested. [Us Weekly]
- More pics of Sophie Turner’s adorable new puppy, Porky Basquiat, have emerged. [People]
- Scott Disick had dinner with Kim Kardashian cause he’s “trying to get better.” [People]
- Eva Longoria’s rep says the star isn’t pregnant, kindly ignore the rumors. [Us Weekly]
- Robert De Niro vows to rebuild the Irma-devastated Caribbean island Barbuda, where he co-own a resort. [Deadline]
- Don Cheadle and Andrew Rannells are starring in an upcoming Showtime pilot, a show about “outsiders” who crash the economy, called Ball Street. [Deadline]
- A brief item about Rihanna, David Copperfield, and virginity. [NY Daily News]