Pantone has released their 2015 Color of the Year and the name of it is...Marsala. As in Chicken Marsala or the town in Italy. No offense to the color overlords at Pantone, but we're not sure Marsala is what we'd call this particular shade of red-brown.
We do have some other suggestions:
- Your Pee After You Run a Marathon
- That Free Pillow Jennifer Convertible Delivered Along with My Couch
- Your Period, Day 3
- The Mold Growing in Your Bathroom That No One Will Clean
- A Rusty Nail After You've Stepped on It and Your Blood Is Everywhere
- The Lining of My Roommate's Jacket That's Just Lying There on the Chair
- The Residue Sitting at the Bottom of the Wine Glasses Not Yet Washed From Three Days Ago That Held 3 Buck Chuck
"The impactful, full-bodied qualities of [INSERT ACTUAL COLOR NAME HERE] make for an elegant, grounded statement color when used on its own or as a strong accent to many other colors," writes Pantone. That's more like it.
Image via Pantone/Facebook