Legendary designer Diane von Furstenburg posted a photo of the “funnest vacation group ever” to her personal Instagram account Sunday afternoon. It would have made me do a spit take had I been drinking coffee at the time, but now that an hour or so has passed, my initial shock over the odd assortment of famous has faded. Because, dear readers, that all of these seemingly disconnected people would be hanging out on Diane von Furstenburg’s boat in Tahiti actually makes sense.
NOTE: The most crucial vacation detail that DVF’s photo overlooks is that Andy Cohen was also there, so I’ve pasted a photo he shared in the upper-left corner.
Let’s do this clockwise from Cohen:
- Andy Cohen: TV producer/host, old friends with Diane von Furstenburg who has vacationed with her in the past.
- Diane von Furstenburg: Fashion designer who, along with husband Barry Diller, pays for things like extravagant “megayacht” vacations for friends.
- Benjamin Maisani: Owner of terrible New York City bars and partner of Anderson Cooper
- Anderson Cooper: Journalist. Decades-long connection to DVF’s through his mother, designer Gloria Vanderbilt.
- Allison Williams: Actor, friends with Andy Cohen.
- Ricky Van Veen: CollegeHumor guy, husband of Allison Williams.
- Bradley Cooper: Actor, director, boyfriend of Irina Shayk.
- Irina Shayk: Friend of/model for DVF. (Thank you Esther.)
So there you have it: eight people who are friends with each other for verifiable reasons together on a big yacht in Tahiti.
This Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna ordeal is still happening. Chyna told her side of the story in a snippet on GMA this morning, saying:
“Like, this is a person I trusted. I just felt...betrayed...The moral of the story is he doesn’t respect me. So if you can’t respect me you have to respect the law.”
Meanwhile, Kardashian has hired Rob Shapiro (yes, that Rob Shapiro) as his attorney. Writes TMZ:
Our sources say Shapiro will attempt to assure the judge Rob will not post intimate pics of Chyna, nor will he post her medical or other personal information. And ... no more slut shaming.
ABC’s full interview with Chyna will air tonight on Nightline.
And now there’s this:
- Donal Logue’s daughter Jade has been found, and she is fine. [Gothamist]
- Ashton’s Kutcher is NOT cheating on Mila Kunis. He’s just hanging out with her cousin. [R29]
- The wedding of the century finally happened, and I’m so relieved that it’s over. [Page Six]
- Damn, Maren Morris’s fiancé. [E! Online]
- Read every word of this and feel your spirit melt. [THL]